Victorian code red alert

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it is a dire situation Gc1 and will be for a while yet as far as East Gippsland goes. The authorities played it smart and evacuated thousands of people from many places in East Gippsland :Y: a good call. Time will tell how it goes as far as weather forecasts go today is the worst. Some of these fires have been burning for 5/6 weeks now and the recent weather hasn't helped as with other states.

The gales in Melbourne have eased right off and the temp slowly dropping (36C here now - was 42C), so hopefully they'll get the Plenty Gorge fires under control before a wind shift around 9pm.

Smart move by the authorities closing the Princes Hwy.
1577698583_img_20191230_203404.jpg

Hopefully all the firey's involved are able to save property and assets with the tough night ahead.

Reports suggest large property and stock losses overnight and still current 8.( feeling for everyone involved no matter which state you are in, this fire season is unprecedented in my life. Sad to hear of the young bloke who lost his life at jingellic, RIP :flowers: :beer:

The township of Club Terrace was wiped out last night, and that fire is now moving north towards Combienbar where I own land and ran an alluvial gold open cut mine. Spoke to a mate in Combienbar where the residents are trapped. No way out. Steep mountain country.

Not wrong Redfin, heard a Mallacoota resident describe how locals had left the refuge are to do a reccy and reported major house losses. Such a tough situation for all involved. Apparently all but a few homes remain at Sarsfield and there's a long day/night ahead before we'll know the full extent of loss.

Latest posts