Victorian code red alert

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like it's going to be a bad one alright. They are also forecasting Northerly winds, and along with any dry lightning that may occur it doesn't auger well.

1577562273_fireban.jpg

It is sounding more and more like another black saturday type day on monday. The weather pattern and conditions are very similar.
Some of those people camping out may not have communications and won`t get the message from the authorities and may not know to evacuate.

Let`s pray that doesn`t happen and everyone gets the warnings.

RM Outback said:
Precautionary mass evacuations taking place in East Gippsland, papers are saying up to 10,000 residents and holiday makers :argh:
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/gippsland-bushfires-goongerah-and-martins-creek-residents-told-to-evacuate/news-story/8036df856af49212a77e2c64f9c9568e

Yeah, one of my kids has been down at Koornalla for the last few days. Got on the phone and told her to get the f&$# out of there a few hours ago. She's on her way home now.

Forced to do it RM as the camping fee's are stupid in Victoria.

Get out in Nature, Go and enjoy our lovely Natural Bushlands,

See a Possum, Got loverly Tree's around here.
But you gotta pay for it..

Stuff it,
How many Green Brigade are now out there fighting fires,

No, Sipping Coffee and whinging about climate change.

Oh crap I could lift off. ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D

Oh, Hang on, Maybe now plotting on Government funding to " Rehabilitate "
burnt out area's...

I hear you Tathradj :Y: :beer: the important thing is people getting out safely and before things change for the worst, hopefully that doesn't happen.

RM Outback said:
Not wrong Tathradj :8 and at this time of year there are more people than animals in some places :argh:

Distinguishing between the two can be arduous.

One observation i made in the last few days is the clearly very inexperienced people driving toy four wheel drives ( soft SUV ) with brand new bolted on cliches such as light bar , spot lights , roof racks, trax and by the way they were driving and acting in bushland they clearly knew nothing beyond the city limits.

What hope have they got if bushfires flare up ?

throwing a cappucino or inflatable floaty crocodile at bushfires probably wont work

CreviceSucker said:
BigWave said:
If anyone needs a place to stay for a while, then PM me.

BW wakes up tomorrow to 863 tents in his front yard. :8

but i bet you wouldnt mind if it saved a few.

I reckon BigWave wouldn't mind so long as there were a few free spirited women among them :lol: oh and bringing their own Bundy :Y:

These pictures are of Bemm River, a mate evacuated this morning and his brother who's also a mate is a full time resident, no option for leaving now :/ he's got it sorted though and a CFA member so this will be his reason to stay and defend if necessary no doubt.
1577681900_img_20191230_155303.jpg

1577681917_img_20191230_155316.jpg

It's going to be a difficult situation for some time yet for the whole of East Gippsland. The Prince's Hwy is closed from the turn off to Bruthen near Bairnsdale to the Geno turn off east of Cann River. If you've got no necessary reason to be there stay away it doesn't look good.

RM Outback said:
These pictures are of Bemm River, a mate evacuated this morning and his brother who's also a mate is a full time resident, no option for leaving now :/ he's got it sorted though and a CFA member so this will be his reason to stay and defend if necessary no doubt.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7093/1577681900_img_20191230_155303.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7093/1577681917_img_20191230_155316.jpg

It's going to be a difficult situation for some time yet for the whole of East Gippsland. The Prince's Hwy is closed from the turn off to Bruthen near Bairnsdale to the Geno turn off east of Cann River. If you've got no necessary reason to be there stay away it doesn't look good.

Sounding dire down there RM,not good news.....

Latest posts