Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of Kooyoora is State Park and detecting is not allowed, there is a very small portion that is permitted but make sure you have the latest map with you should you be challenged. The Whela Block prospecting is permitted, but Whela Hill Block is not.
Hope this helps
cheers db

Ash1155 said:
grubstake said:
Australia's a big place, with gold in all states - which particular goldfields are you asking about, mate?
Right sorry mate looking at Creswick and Paddys ranges as its the closest to me to start off from also if anyones familiar with kooyoora would love some info on that cheers

Unfortunately, quite a bit of the Paddys Ranges area is now off-limits for prospecting, as illustrated on the below section of the Paddys Ranges State Park map available online at www.parks.vic.gov.au
1628200303_paddy_ranges.jpg

Occasional_panner said:
Gravity said:
Going out to Lake Eildon's newly opened areas this Saturday with a few friends, any advise Jerusalem creek maybe or tips where to start from would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Hey guys, I was using the search engine and came across this old thread, I can't find any info about it being an open area. As far as I can see it's Nat park and off limits. Is that correct?

Yep. National Park. There was a proposal a few years back to allow prospecting in a few areas, but it was only a proposal.

Hi guys,

If you had to pick some top spots in Vic for detecting gold what would they be, and where have you had the most success?

Top spots? Pretty easy answer, everyone elses. I reckon everyone (save PA group meetups) has found more than I have.

Wherever you pick is worth doing properly, unless of course you get super lucky, just be thorough and patient with the best tech you can afford.

1633603665_img_0988.jpg

Read all of this , then you will know were to go . It has maps as well ! You might get one of E-bay .

There is one on E-bay for $24 in Melb.

I have that edition - I bought it new when a teenager, 'tis well thumbed and a bit tatty now :)

I think it was the last edition that was published by the Victorian Dept of Mines, it is now revised and published by Paoletti's Maps and Videos and still available

BigWave nailed it. Start with the golden triangle (if you don't know what that is, google it) and expand from there.

casper said:
I have that edition - I bought it new when a teenager, 'tis well thumbed and a bit tatty now :)

I think it was the last edition that was published by the Victorian Dept of Mines, it is now revised and published by Paoletti's Maps and Videos and still available

Mine is the 10th edition :p

1633610953_20211007_234642.jpg

no point in saying where the good spots are mate... not after we've been there :cool:

do what everyone else has too.. homework!

Then again, I may do a deal with you. If you lend me your gun, motorbike and wife I may reconsider

Latest posts