Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jaros for the heads-up.
Wouldn't base to much on worrying about comparing sounds to be honest. If you want to find gold, when you get a target signal then dig it ;).
Your detector might nearly blows your ears out like your over a horse shoe, it could also be another welcome stranger you have just walked away from. 🤔

My old mate at Magnet is pretty good at this detecting caper and he told me nobody can tell the difference between gold or rubbish and make sure you dig every target, and he's right.
Nugget Magnet went missing last year in WA after his 4th video. Does anybody know if he is ok?

Hey. What's everyone's thoughts on the best time of year for weather for detecting in Victoria.

Every day is a good day.
In summer get an early start and pull the pin when it becomes uncomfortable.
Winter when it fits in with your schedule.
When the march flies/mozzies come out I'll give the bush a miss and go to some open country.

Every day is a good day.
In summer get an early start and pull the pin when it becomes uncomfortable.
Winter when it fits in with your schedule.
When the march flies/mozzies come out I'll give the bush a miss and go to some open country.
I reckon Autumn is the best time of year for many things but best for detecting by a mile. We used to go to Vic every Easter for the long weekend and have a great time. Usually warm and sunny days with crisp nights, perfect for around the campfire with all our friends. Great memories.

In summer its hot and in winter its wet.

Summer you can drive in anywhere, but theres more planes and snakes, keeping things cold gets challenging and you are stuck on the water bottle.

Winter you get ground noise and mud, and if you get really unlucky, ice and sleet. But the diggings easy and its nice to work up a sweat, and a fire will compliment a beverage.

Autumn is fantastic after the first frost, but up till then its March flies and Mozzies.
Spring is good but the baby browns are out, it can get hot, and the rain can come belting down. Plus everyone is out of hibernation.

Any day you can go is good time is what that boils down to.

Latest posts