Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes their still working it, all private property do some research on German Gully the easy gold is well and truly gone. With the current situation and restrictions I hope your not planning to head out over Easter, as it is prospecting is on a temporary ban at the moment. Prospecting is classed as non essential travel as it should be for the security of rural communities, many will push the point but the plain facts are it is Non Essential.

No I dont plan on going up bush.
Im a healthcare worker I know the rules all too well.

I only asked coz Im at HOME watching YouTube, and I was curious.

There was no need to be passive aggressive.

Thank you both.

Hi all
While I sit back here in SA, listening to all the comments from anyone and everyone who can get their words in print or the heads on the telly, Ive been wondering how Parks Vict has actually changed the way prospectors can access the State Parks and Forestry properties?
I want to come over and have a dig but with the possibility of "keep out" signs up Im wondering, "whats the point".

So could you leave me the town area, and how things have or have not changed please so I can make a decision on whether to come or not? TIA.

Don't know exactly what you're referring to ...... nothing has really changed, State Forests & Parks and parts of some National Parks are accessible and available to prospectors (there are limited "reference" areas that are out of bounds) .......

Not sure when you were last here but pretty sure the areas you went to last time will still be open, if you can be more specific it can be checked out.

The VEAC Central West Investigation report has listed areas to be closed to Prospecting Access.
Parliament was going to adopt the recommendations in full last March but Co-vid 19 halted that. ( Only good thing the virus did ).

I am not aware of any updates on the VEAC Review but perhaps announcements will be forthcoming soon? :eek:

Hmmmmm, ok, well I thought with the CW Goldfields around Dunolly, Wanyarra, Rheola, Kingower which is where weve gone in the past we might not have been able to access.
But it sounds like little has changed. Im hoping anyway.

Teemore, we were at Dunolly in 2019, didnt travel last year obviously.

I was so concerned about the whole CW that Id contemplated going to another area, Enfield, Beechworth, the east gippsland.

Tassie Daz said:
Teemore, we were at Dunolly in 2019, didnt travel last year obviously.

I was so concerned about the whole CW that Id contemplated going to another area, Enfield, Beechworth, the east gippsland.

Nothing has changed in the areas you mentioned except that the gold is smaller/scarcer.
Enfield and Beechworth are great areas as well (well Beechworth at least) .... never been to or had reasons to travel to Gippsland region .... plenty west of Melb to keep me (and Croweaters) busy for years.

You've also got Ararat (& Stawell), Beaufort on the way over ..... just come and spend your cash .... just leave the gold :playful:

Thanks all. Ill have to do some more research. Ive done Amherst, Marborough, Talbot, Wehla, etc to death for little return, but when push comes to shove its what I know best.

Tassie Daz said:
Ive done Amherst, Marborough, Talbot, Wehla, etc to death for little return

Same general area just just need to walk over it ..... Largest 3.76gms. Mate managed 7 SDC pieces
1617177676_1503c9c6-65dd-4960-ab46-2420a11f57b2.jpg

A return trip saw 3 of us all scoring 3 bits BUT much smaller totals of only 0.15, 0.16 and 0.19 ....... at least it was gold. Oh and 1 of a couple of blokes from SA managed 3 bits with the GPZ.

It's out there waiting for you (well less the bits we got obviously).

Had a weird day out prospecting today. Was at or favorite part of a forest we often go to - not typically know for big finds or a lot of gold, but popular none the less. We were here 6 days ago and have been coming to this place every second trip for more than a year. Often (not very often actually) getting "one or two" picker sized nuggets for a days work.

Who ever has been here over the weekend has hammered the entire area. Literally hundreds of scrapings/diggings and not a single one filled. Even some great big thumper holes chasing some ground noise we had left them :playful:

It was inevitable as most places we go, we are seeing them getting absolutely smashed, chained, scraped, raked, etc.... one by one. We know there was little gold left in the area, and I mean little size and little quantity so were not overly fussed, at least they'd cleaned up "some" of the remaining trash. Not sure who or how there managed to be in excess of 300 plus scraping covering an are about 100m x 100m, which I knew was mainly junk I was yet to get to.

I guess if I needed gold/money that bad I'd do exactly the same, still the wife found a sub gramer they'd missed so it re-enforces that they never did and never will get it all. Wish the golden triangle was less private and more public land. Now on the look out for a new favorite spot that hasn't been caned... :/

Gidday everyone. have a question,has anybody gone to cobblers gully at creswick or is the pine plantation there a no go zone. maps show it as crown land

Hi there everyone looking to return to the hobby and get back into the goldfields its been many years since i was last out there has anyone used the gold monster 1000? how does it perform? my car is a 2015 rwd territory will this be okay for the tracks out there how are they now? i remember them to be quite solid and well maintained will my car be enough? cheers :pickshovel:

grubstake said:
Australia's a big place, with gold in all states - which particular goldfields are you asking about, mate?
Right sorry mate looking at Creswick and Paddys ranges as its the closest to me to start off from also if anyones familiar with kooyoora would love some info on that cheers

Latest posts