Vibrating classifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sometimes put some interesting soil samples in the back of my bike.. even with only anough water to make the samples damp the road vibrations classify them perfectly.. I am sure that samples can be classified this way and all the heavys will be at the bottom.. My trailer is the same.. A half full 10 ltr bucket of concentrates sorted from heavy to lighter at the top.. 10,000 holes on the way home around my traps... shakes the shit out of everything... give it a go mate..:)

yournutz said:
has anyone tried to make a vibrating classifier ?

Before i started prospecting i was inspired by goldrush to make this mini balsa shaker plant, i used a motor out of a cheap r/c car and fitted an r/c aeroplane wheel to its shaft and a screw in the tyre to off balance it. It ran and sort of worked for about 5 mins before the motor shite it self. it had 3 classifying decks 10mm,6mm and 3mm that i drilled out of plastic. i protoyped it with technic lego :)

only pic i can find..

1426676151_balsa_sluice.jpg

Hi

thanks to all for your comments and ideas
but i was looking for something more along the lines of the earthquake virating classifier as a starting point

the vibrations in my trailer work exactly the same as an earthquake on my damp cons... the cons liquefy the same as sand ect in a big shake and the heavys settle to the bottom... I am going to make some containers that are bigger at the top and smaller at the bottom for the heavys to settle in... :)
yournutz said:
Hi

thanks to all for your comments and ideas
but i was looking for something more along the lines of the earthquake virating classifier as a starting point

if your talking about for the drywasher mate i made a fitment for the front which uses a radiator fan with an offset balance (washers and tape :) shakes the thing like crazy... other than than ive been drawing ideas for a while but nothing concrete. DWT's is the bomb....

Dug said:
Not a bad design that one, I'm wondering if it's ment to have less movement at the bottom than the top, being pivoted at the base would see it only have short movement, the top would be going nuts, I swapped my shaker around, pivots from the centre and shakes from the base, by pivoting from the centre it evens out the distance all boxes travel, the plate on the motor has some 5 holes in different positions, that way I can change the aggressiveness of the shake, to far out and the thing goes for a walk up the creek! :lol:

That's a ripper shaker you've go there Dwt it must come with a front end loader attachment.

If you hooked up one of those little Honda motors to a small vibrator it would be a great little tool to cart around.

madworld said:
Great vid XIV .. looks an easy make ..just gotta find a 12v motor with a bent shaft
I had a look online
Found an electric one for $225
but can't seem to find one in 12v for the size needed

I know of a friend of mine whos 86 and hes made one he showed me it was set up on 4 springs that shook the sh.t out of the sive and worked really well until he blew to circuit board old motor problems but I saw it in action ill try and get some pics of it next time I see him :) hes made some other interesting things too :)

I have found vibco have an australian warehouse so could possibly get the exact unit as in the video, however you have to ring them and I hate that .. why cant I just look at your products and prices online ? Anyone up for calling sales at vibco.comau and seeing if theres a 12v vibrator

Latest posts