Undetectable GOLD!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the vlf is the old trusty QD2,it ain't great,but it's always been faithful ;).

also a BH vlf pin pointer that also picks up the nugget.

i'm still questioning if its the detector,or if its similar gold to what wal and liz found.

i need a bigger test nuggy now. :(

malri_au said:
to clarify,the .10g is not a nugget,its a pc screw and steel i assume.

the .59g is the gold nugget. I was just using something small as a comparison.

i had the feeling i could be missing this sub gram stuff with it.

watched wal n liz video again,still scratching my head like wal.

Yeah I watched that video too, The only areas a PI really excels is in Hot ground or very deep ground or both at once, in most soils a VLF will run rings around a PI when it comes to sensitivity with the exception of the SDC which is almost as hot as most VLF's, LF machines are the next step where I have picked up bits that can't be weighed on scales with a 5 digit readout that's down to 0.0001oz and below but they can be too sensitive to hot ground but they were never made to be deep machines so they behave as expected,

malri_au said:
Yeah the vlf is the old trusty QD2,it ain't great,but it's always been faithful ;).

also a BH vlf pin pointer that also picks up the nugget.

i'm still questioning if its the detector,or if its similar gold to what wal and liz found.

i need a bigger test nuggy now. :(

Use bits of lead, it's a lot cheaper and the weight and size is just about the same.

yeah that's pretty much what i'm thinking,sweep up with the vlf after going over it for deeper stuff.

so what khz range is picking up those .0001oz?

you say high gain vlf,but i thought that's what the gb2 is 71khz? not the gb2pro,i'm referencing the original without the screen.

if you was to go by that chart from minelab,its the goldmonster.

and then makro's coming in at 18khz?.

at 7khz,i know my BH is old hat,but it still detects that .59g that the PI won't.

i'm blaming Wal,coz Liz has super eyes.

You said it could see the 0.10g PC screw but not the nugget. That tells me your SD2000 is working fine, but that nuggets composition is different or something to do with the structure of it. You could pound it with a hammer to flatten it out and see if it registers then.

Not one VLF or PI or ZVT or anything can find or see everything.

The detector you use will depend on the locations you detect over.

this is my thinking too,that it is very much like Wal and Liz's nugget,not sure if they can xrf stuff this small but i'll ask sometime.

it was my first thought,that the composition of the nugget is different to the norm,having it in front of me and seeing the same off Wal n Liz,its pretty much exactly the same.

let ya know if i find out any more about it,people wanted to see them undetectables,so yeah.

malri_au said:
yeah that's pretty much what i'm thinking,sweep up with the vlf after going over it for deeper stuff.

so what khz range is picking up those .0001oz?

you say high gain vlf,but i thought that's what the gb2 is 71khz? not the gb2pro,i'm referencing the original without the screen.

if you was to go by that chart from minelab,its the goldmonster.

and then makro's coming in at 18khz?.

at 7khz,i know my BH is old hat,but it still detects that .59g that the PI won't.

i'm blaming Wal,coz Liz has super eyes.

Well the MXT can see it 0.0001oz touching the coil when maxed out, but the Whites GMT running at 48khz can see it at about an inch using the factory 10x6 DD but if you get the 10x6 Longscan (concentric) it will see it at 2 to 3 inches or get the 6" round concentric from Whites and that will see it too, So will the GB2 because it uses concentric coils, and maybe the Gold Racer running at 56khz only if they make concentric coils to it too, I don't know about the GM-1000 because it only uses DD's, it might but I can't swear to that.

The Makro/Nokta mid frequency machines should be able to see bits weighing 0.03 to 0.02 maybe smaller with a concentric coil fitted.

A nugget of 0.59 is quite large for modern machines to see and just about any of the machines between 750 to 1000$ should see it with ease.

As for High Gain, some machines have a system where instead of adding a boost switch they build in multipliers so as the Gain progresses it multiplies the Gain, this was a thing that Whites started, the GMT and the MXT have it but the GMT also has another manual boost switch that boost the signal 4X But in the normal mode it will boost the signal 1x, 2x 4x 8x and then 16x but if you use the 4x boost switch your boost levels end up at 4x 8x 16x 32x and lastly 64x, The MXT has 1x 2x 4x 8x and 16x, As you turn up the Gain knob on these two machines you will hear them click as they change to the next level of Gain, I call it changing Gears but it really does kick it in the pants helping it to see tiny items and in good ground adds a lot of depth, Some guy in the US managed to hit a one ounce nugget at 18 to 20 inches using the MXT, and with some of the coils out there if the ground permits it It will see targets a lot deeper.

Latest posts