Undetectable GOLD!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Registered fine on the SD2000? not sure what your trying to say there. SD2000 came out in 1994 well before LCD screens. As my memory goes wasn't until late 90's early 2000's before ML released a machine with LCD.

No,registered fine on the vlf pin pointer.its a cheap bounty hunter vlf pp that I tuned up using guides online.

If you read up you will find the sd2000's are quite the detector for their day.

when I hit the 10 post count I can post the youtube vids I uploaded.

also,by register,I mean an audible change in tones,it also lacks discrimination like some of the newer models do,so is a dig all machine,unless you're going by tone.

Unsure of purity other than it's meant to be a natural WA nugget.

BigWave said:
Moneybox was kind enough to send me two samples of his undetectable gold after their latest Pilbara pilgrimage.
0.7 and 0.6g - they should howl on most detectors.
Whilst I haven't tried the samples under any detectors, I have noted:
1. They are light for their size compared to nuggety gold (little heft),
2. Appear finely crystalline to the naked eye,
3. The gold is dispersed in a quartz host (see image below),
4. Good electrical conductivity was evidenced with a multimeter over most areas.
So, certainly these are not Lateritic (forming in laterites) due to the strong presence of quartz. I was hoping they were supergene enrichments.
I'm no geo, but I believe that this is eluvial primary gold coming from an orogenic process but likely not secondarily enriched to form larger solid nuggets.
The gold is heavily interspersed in quartz to the point that, whilst conductive across large areas, the tortuous shape that eddy currents would have to take around the quartz inclusions would not permit any significant "back emf" (and a very quickly decaying one) that would be easily detectable.
Will be interesting to try with both PI and VLF detectors over the next few weeks when I can get out again.
Any real geos out there - please correct me if I have goofed in my understanding.
I'd really like to explore undetectable supergene gold - anyone got any?
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6786/1512981223_sample_2b.jpg

someone else mentioned these in another thread,but i've known about them for a long time.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=18231

http://falconmetaldetectors.com

have always wanted to try one.

Couldn't say,ebay listing says Furnissdale,same as the return on the postage.Not too far to some decent goldfields,plus their other listings of similar WA gold,seem legit enough to me.Will report back once i've got a more affirmative test done.

malri_au said:
Couldn't say,ebay listing says Furnissdale,same as the return on the postage.Not too far to some decent goldfields,plus their other listings of similar WA gold,seem legit enough to me.Will report back once i've got a more affirmative test done.
If you can confirm pilbera, gasgoign regions of wa , I do have a geo theory that might apply

Kind regards

Danny

I'll send them a message on ebay and see what they say.

Just looked over the nugget with my loupe,there's still some dirt in a few of the pits.

Can you see it?
1517593940_golddust.jpg

1517594034_road001.jpg

Take it into a Minersden store and see if the GPZ 7000 or the SDC 23000 registers it.

The SD2000 was a great machine in its day, no one will argue that. But its not a 23000.

And remember that the GPZ7000 is not PI, so would be interesting to check with it as well.

hAyyoUinAU said:
Take it into a Minersden store and see if the GPZ 7000 or the SDC 23000 registers it.

The SD2000 was a great machine in its day, no one will argue that. But its not a 23000.

And remember that the GPZ7000 is not PI, so would be interesting to check with it as well.

I believe the SDC2300 would beat crap out of the sd2000 on smaller surface gold,but depth is where the sd2000 would crap all over the sdc2300.

you can't change a sdc2300 coil right?

I'm yet to try a small coil,which are reknown for picking up smaller gold better.

Here's an ancient video from woody,demonstrating .22g on an sd2000.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSlJI6fjGw4[/video]

The mod in question was simple component upgrade with better quality items.

Latest posts