UK Weather

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
At long last it's time to loose the Sweatshirt, This week it is going to be 34 to 37*c, 34 Today maybe ??,

SITREP.

Fridge is stocked,,,Check

Temp Set at 2*c,,,Check,

Auxiliary Power Supply Fully Operational,,, Check.

Aussie Gold Hunters on TV Channels,,,Check

Backup TV Primed just in case I suffer from Double Vision from Excess Fridge Contents, One TV Per Eye,,, Check

Forward Base OUT.

Ridge Runner said:
At long last it's time to loose the Sweatshirt, This week it is going to be 34 to 37*c, 34 Today maybe ??,
SITREP.
Temp Set at 2*c,,,Check,
Backup TV Primed just in case I suffer from Double Vision from Excess Fridge Contents, One TV Per Eye,,, Check
Forward Base OUT.
bag of RaipdSet to harden up .... not yet 'checked' :power:
All ex-pats need to take Aussie iron supplements :lol: as they forget we are shivering in 20deg days here just waiting for summer to return with warm 35+ weather :sunny: :fire: :D :playful:

Ded Driver said:
Ridge Runner said:
SITREP.
Temp Set at 2*c,,,Check,
Forward Base OUT.
bag of RaipdSet to harden up .... not yet 'checked' :power:
All ex-pats need to take Aussie iron supplements :lol: as they forget we are shivering in 20deg days here just waiting for summer to return with warm 35+ weather :sunny: :fire: :D :playful:

Roger That : Southern Command, STOP.

Hardware Supply Sergeant is 60 mtrs / 870mils ( North East ) of current location, STOP.

Fridge Supply Naafi 65mtrs / 3970mils ( South West ) of current Location, STOP.

Local Watering Hole Serve's Fridge Supplies by the Glass 25 mtrs / 2420mils (South East ) of current Location, STOP.

Forward Base: OUT.

Bjay said:
If you guys hit 37 over there I really feel for your emergency services cause there going to be run off there feet dealing with temps like that from people who cant deal with it.
Bjay, if it hits 37 over there, we will have to send our paramedics over, to resuscitate their paramedics ;)

Bjay said:
If you guys hit 37 over there I really feel for your emergency services cause there going to be run off there feet dealing with temps like that from people who cant deal with it.

Yeah poor buggers Ay, they always cop a baggin from the media, But when I was having a Heart Attack at 3 or 4 in the morning they were here within minutes, I rip in to people when I hear them bad mouth those Hero's, All Paramedic's around the world are incredible people.

J.

Ded Driver said:
RR, can you postpak some of that warm air back here please? :sunny: :)

I got some ECWCS gear that you could wear if it gets too Cold, Tried and tested to -70*c or Boots rated at -100*c, Don't think I will be needing them for a while, LOL :fire: :sunny:

Ridge Runner said:
Bjay said:

Yeah poor buggers Ay, they always cop a baggin from the media, But when I was having a Heart Attack at 3 or 4 in the morning they were here within minutes, I rip in to people when I hear them bad mouth those Hero's, All Paramedic's around the world are incredible people.

J.
Yep cheers to that. The unsung heroes. :Y:

Bjay said:
Yep cheers to that. The unsung heroes. :Y:

They are Hero's to me, They worked on me for 20 minutes before they took me to hospital, And I have seen them put others first during all the troubles over here time and time again,

Well It was 33*c + here today and in parts of the UK it got up to 35.1*c. on Thursday it is meant to be 37/38*c In London :eek:

Goldfreak said:
For all you Aussies that think the poms are soft. Remember they have to drink warm beer. The humanity ! :beer:

Yeah they are a confused Bunch, Imagine putting Fruit and Veges and cosmetic's in a fridge, Heaven Forbid if they got their hands On the old ARB, Think I'd get 25 to Life if I caught em,

Even I got me Limits :eek: :eek: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: ]:D

Hey Ridge Runner from your posts me thinks you are in a way better place right now bloody good work and stay there it really suits you
Pagan P :perfect: :playful:

Ridge Runner said:
Goldfreak said:
For all you Aussies that think the poms are soft. Remember they have to drink warm beer. The humanity ! :beer:

Yeah they are a confused Bunch, Imagine putting Fruit and Veges and cosmetic's in a fridge, Heaven Forbid if they got their hands On the old ARB, Think I'd get 25 to Life if I caught em,

When I was a kid I had an uncle who went over to England for Christmas in the 1970's to say with family. He wasn't sure he could handle Pommy beer anymore so he arranged for an aunt to get a dozen bottles of Fosters to be there waiting for him, with instructions to keep them in the fridge. When he was there he poured himself one and one for an English uncle, who upon taking the glass from him barely had it to his mouth when he quickly put it down in front of the open fire exclaiming "ooooh, it's cold. I'll warm it up first.........." :awful: My uncle had a tough time convincing him that that's how Australian beer is supposed to be drunk.

And according to my 89 year old Pommy father, it was not uncommon in the old days for people to heat the poker in the fire and then stick it in the glass of beer to get it warm quicker! :lol:

At least the Indians are more honest about it, here it is marketed as Fosters.
1563951774_images_5.jpg

Deepseeker said:
Ridge Runner said:
Goldfreak said:

When I was a kid I had an uncle who went over to England for Christmas in the 1970's to say with family. He wasn't sure he could handle Pommy beer anymore so he arranged for an aunt to get a dozen bottles of Fosters to be there waiting for him, with instructions to keep them in the fridge. When he was there he poured himself one and one for an English uncle, who upon taking the glass from him barely had it to his mouth when he quickly put it down in front of the open fire exclaiming "ooooh, it's cold. I'll warm it up first.........." :awful: My uncle had a tough time convincing him that that's how Australian beer is supposed to be drunk.

And according to my 89 year old Pommy father, it was not uncommon in the old days for people to heat the poker in the fire and then stick it in the glass of beer to get it warm quicker! :lol:

Yeah that's true they did do that with the poker, Stout and Guinness or how ever you spell it is meant to be drunk between 10 and 13*c Not 1 to 2*c like we are use to,

Ya know I can't even drink a can of coke unless it is 2*c or below where it just about gives you brain freeze, and if it gets above 4* then I add ice or get a fresh one out the fridge,

Latest posts