Trove Resources information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another notch in the "dumbing down of society belt"!!

Grrrr :mad: :mad:

One can only hope they get eaten and choked on by the other pigs in the trough and they are all deposited back to the earth as a more worthwhile matter!

P.S. Obviously not talking about the good folk of the National Library! :)

P.S.S. RIP Trove 8.(

Billy :|

Yep. Its surely a sad state of things. Not just worthwhile government funded projects but the economy in general - as you said Heatho 'the rich get richer' and the poor get something resembling welfare after the pollies give themselves a pat on the back for being so generous . While the tax payers in the middle get to pay for it up and down the line.

So much for the age of technology and easy access to information. :mad: :mad:

our history will be lost without data bases like trove.. :| we will most likely end up spend zillions digging out the boat ( endeavour) but cant save our other history... :/very sad. :(

magneticsand said:
Not just cut as in slowed down, as in no new additions and their staff sacked.
Damn. I really enjoyed looking up stuff I was interested in and getting the emails that stuff I requested had been added, usually within days :(

Yup! and unrelated stuff that just catches your eye and will haunt you for a while.....
1468065677_screen_shot_2016-07-08_at_9.18.36_pm.png

transcription: Steamer Androche sinking in mid ocean, Indian (ocean). Pumps broken. Settling down fast. Robert M'Cree, chief engineer. May God have mercy." (on my soul)

casper

Great news. I'm registered and started to contribute in correcting the text translated articles that I read, it's a great site.
Jon

Great news. Trove has added a whole dimension to my gold detecting. Apart from the research value of trove for finding gold spots, Trove has many stories of the diggers, the murders and the life on the goldfields in general that helps the areas I detect on come to life. In some cases I can recognise the exact location of pub tents, shops, tragic incidents and specific dig sites where certain characters worked, all because they were written up in local newspapers in the 1850's-60's and digitised on to trove.

If any members have not looked at trove do yourself a favour and have a browse and search.
Cheers RDD

Latest posts