Topo Maps for Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi guys , whats the cheapest alternative for online topo maps? cheers john :) heading to bendigo way prospecting for two weeks ,some maps would b great ..... :)

If you have a decent GPS, just download Shonkymaps. Full topo on your GPS. hope this helps.

casper said:
goldrocks68 said:
hi guys , whats the cheapest alternative for online topo maps? cheers john :) heading to bendigo way prospecting for two weeks ,some maps would b great ..... :)

Do you own a smart phone? Apple or Android?
yes i do casper iphone 4 ......thanx mr boring for that info

goldrocks68 said:
casper said:
goldrocks68 said:

Go to the App Store and download MemoryMap ;)

DD

goldrocks68 said:
casper said:
goldrocks68 said:

okay - good! now use the link in Jon_m 's post, download the PDFMapps App to your phone, then create an account and buy the maps you want. download them to the app on your phone and off yer go!!

There's no calibration of the maps required and your current position is shown on the main map and the index map in the border. Works without cell coverage as well. enjoy :)
1399376926_topo.jpg

Hello,
You can explore entire australian topography online and for free by using this website: en-au.topographic-map.com

Just got the VicMap 1:25,000 topo maps of Victoria to use with Oziexplorer and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with them, only major tracks are shown so basically useless. Il stick to making my own from geovic for now.

Just wondering what other people are using??

They cost but Memory Map and Mapscape are both OK, don't know how compatible they are with Oziexplorer though.
Mapscape is used by Emergency services CFA and such.
Cheers T.

I think memory maps uses the VicMap 1:25000 anyway doesn't it?? Mapscape looks very good, are you using it Teemore? I want something that I can overlay my own data on to, if that's possible it might be a good option.

I use both but find Mapscape more accurate, Memory Map does indicate a few "old gold diggings" on their maps.
Not smart enough to work out overlays and such so ????
Memory Map also has the 3D view option.
Mapscape example ..... More densely populated areas have a much better scale (1:6000 or thereabouts)
1434616875_img_1636.jpg

Thanks mate. I notice it is used on an ipad, does this mean it works on iPhone also? The website isn't very specific with the info on the product.

I was looking for digital copys of the spatialvision vic maps but looks like they don't sell the DVD anymore, I guess mapscape is the reason why...

Hi guys,

Firstly sorry if this has already been discussed on the site (as I'm sure it has),however I was wondering what are the best topo maps for Victoria? I would prefer electronic as it will be used with handheld GPS and Oziexplorer however, I will look at hard copies if required.

Even a link to another thread would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Keano, I use Mapscape, used by the SES and other emergency services (in Vic) and Memory-Map.
Memory-Map has 3D capability on a PC, helps understand where gold may have travelled from.
Both cost $$$ can't remember exactly how much but around the $100+ mark.
Not sure how compatible they are with Oziexplorer, their websites will probably give that info ... really means I'm to dumb to sort it out.
Cheers T.

The best maps are the ones you make yourself. There are advanced ways of making them using professional GIS software but I would have to write a book on how to do that. However, it is easy to create your own maps for Ozi from geovic or geo maps or any other raster based file you have. You will need the desktop version of Ozi to do it though.