QLD prospecting Maps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zakman

Marcus
Reaction score
Hi Guys I’m off to QLD end of June and I like to do some detecting .

How do you get Prospecting maps up their.

I can’t find any Tully or Doug Stone maps.

I be around WarWick the traveling north !

Thanks Zak

QLD is a bit different to southern states - there are only a handful of official areas and nearly everywhere else is private permission or paid access (as a general rule).

- Durakai GPA (Warwick)
- Talgai GPA (Warwick)
- Thanes Creek GPA (Warwick), mostly creek gold
- Deep Creek GPA (Gympie), all old tailings, overgrown thick grass, not really detectable.

Maps are available on the QLD Department of Resources website, but they are general only, they don't have gold markings on them.

- McSweeny's Camp (Kilkivan) - paid access, heard of detectable bits being found
- Fig Tree (Mt Perry) - paid access, old hard rock mines with some detectable reef gold shedding from the mullocks heaps
- 7 Mile Diggings (Nanango) - free, but not detectable gold

There are lots others but nearly everything else is borderline access and/or private permissions.

I don't know much about North Qld except for Palmer Station which is again paid access.

https://georesglobe.information.qld.gov.au/ - that's a free source of all QLD based mining information including old gold mines and resource locations.

You could always try and get a copy of the QLD Gold and Ghosts book, but they go for like $500 - 800 per book or over $2,000 for the set.

Latest posts