Topaz crystals and beans

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a lot of topaz I will never facet in my entire life, so I think I should sell or swap some.
It is from Queensland, Mt Surprise area.
And yes, I picked up the one I liked the most for my own faceting needs, but there is just too much left (and still of good quality).

If you want to practice faceting, or just see what a topaz look like, or if you want samples to practice sieving/panning, it is the perfect occasion.

The small ones are clean, some are blue, average size 5mm and less than a centimeter in any case, I offer them at $0.20ct per carat, min order 20ct.
The big one are white and clear, all bigger than 1cm, it is $0.50 per carat, min order 10 carats.
If some of you wants faceted stones, it is also possible (but PM to discuss your need).

If you want to swap with faceting or cabbing material, I am all ears, I am always looking for new stuff to cut.

1450747012_topaz_small.jpg

1450747029_topaz_big.jpg

And just to give you an idea (thanks AtomRat), a 5mm stone is about 2-3ct, a 1cm stone about 10ct.
The biggest in the lot is 35ct.

For those of us like me who nothing about gem fossicking GP, what is a 'bean' in relationship to gems?

GallicProspector said:
It is just the shape of the crystal that has been worn out by time and elements and has taken the shape of a bean.
cool, thanks mate, that's two things i've learnt today :lol: good luck with the sales :)

Awesome topaz GallicProspector!
I don't wish to buy any but I enjoyed looking at the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts