Token

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushpig

Jed
Reaction score
This is my first token find.

It reads:
Tasmania
I.Friedman
Argyle Street
PAWNBROKERS

There seem to be a few on ebay so not sure how common they are.

1481539844_2016-12-12_21.47.38.jpg

1481539887_2016-12-12_21.46.55.jpg

Maybe the hole represents the story of an individual who lost his money gambling and drinking his wealth away on his 4 month passage to Austalia and was forced to pawn his silver sovereign case and pocket watch that his family gave him in order to buy a possum skin cloak and a weeks worth of rations so he could make his fortune on the goldfields.

The family memories could have been transferred into the token worn around his neck as a keepsake. Did he brush his fingers across it as he sheltered under a bark hut to bring back memories of home so as to reinforce his will to face the blistering heat in the morning and build the internal resolve to get to the bottom of the hole and find a golden trail on the bedrock?

Did he throw the token away at the point his riches were made or did it come unstuck as he crawled on all fours through the bush looking for a friendly fire in the hope that some fellow miners would share some water and a corner of their damper?

I like to look through the hole :cool:

Congratulations. Thats a great find.
Hopefully over xmas, we can catch up for a beer or 2.

Thanks Silver and Heatho.

Wally i like your imagination :D i always imagine similar things when finding relics.

For sure Kane. im not going away until mid Jan so will pm and organise.

Cheers all.

Wally69 said:
Maybe the hole represents the story of an individual who lost his money gambling and drinking his wealth away on his 4 month passage to Austalia and was forced to pawn his silver sovereign case and pocket watch that his family gave him in order to buy a possum skin cloak and a weeks worth of rations so he could make his fortune on the goldfields.

The family memories could have been transferred into the token worn around his neck as a keepsake. Did he brush his fingers across it as he sheltered under a bark hut to bring back memories of home so as to reinforce his will to face the blistering heat in the morning and build the internal resolve to get to the bottom of the hole and find a golden trail on the bedrock?

Did he throw the token away at the point his riches were made or did it come unstuck as he crawled on all fours through the bush looking for a friendly fire in the hope that some fellow miners would share some water and a corner of their damper?

I like your lateral view .....

Wally69 said:
Maybe the hole represents the story of an individual who lost his money gambling and drinking his wealth away on his coll words passage to Austalia and was forced to pawn his silver sovereign case and pocket watch that his family gave him in order to buy a possum skin cloak and a weeks worth of rations so he could make his fortune on the goldfields.

Latest posts