Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a daytime hunt TM,....getting hot and feeling weak by the time I called it quits, although old mate was waiting by the car for 5 minutes by the time I dragged myself off of the hunt(could probably hunt myself into the afterlife if I'm not carefull,....kinda gets you that way on a nice day out).
treasureman said:
Knew it mate ;) thats gotta lift your spirits ;).
Did you do a night hunt?

Not a thing Ramjet, it's a clean skin with no numbers or relief pictures of any kind, came out of what used to be a backyard so I assume it was nice looking at one stage but a long time in the ground has left the thin walls breaking down,....maybe it was some sort of closer range gas projectile, or even the bottom off of some old type of flare(I'm only guessing though), someone may have a better idea on its origin though ?
Ramjet said:
A good hunt. Any clues on the Cartridge?

well the flares used in those are 1" 11/16 diameter so thats pretty close and due to corrosion could have lost some size..
then again im no historian hah!
have just seen a few of the flare guns in my adventures as a pawn broker

Wow Dryhorrors, recon you might be pretty well right on the money !
1415698941_sam_5857.jpg

1415698977_sam_5859.jpg

I recon we could just about call that one solved,...or close enough to it.

dryhorrors said:
well the flares used in those are 1" 11/16 diameter so thats pretty close and due to corrosion could have lost some size..
then again im no historian hah!
have just seen a few of the flare guns in my adventures as a pawn broker
Now that's a thread I could get into, the pawn broker prospector!!

Hi fellas today I took the 705 for a swing around the palm beach area for a total of 75c , 3 sinkers and an old metal bodied lure not to mention the 20 or so bottle caps and ring pulls

Hi Digginholes,...75c,..Mmmmm,.....better than nothing at all, I've looked at that big carpark there as I've driven past(at times), but never stopped in, did you try up high or down low on the beach,..I'd a done the tracks from the carpark to the sand if it was me for sure. I've had a bit of a try further south near where they canoe and got a few dollars and a ring that found an owner, but that was about it for me over that way.

Silver, well done on your finds mate, how do you go about digging in parks without doing damage to the grounds and not getting yourself in trouble, just curious as i haven't been game enough to try it
dryhorrors, good to see another pawn broker on the forum mate, i am one as well lol

Hi Digginholes, 75 cents you done OK. Some time ago I stopped in St Marrys shopping center and have swing in the playground. 5 cents was all I found. No pull tabs or bottle tops.
Some place has been cleaned out.
Karl

Well Jamie I try extremely hard not to damage the grass when digging, usually I'll go looking after rain when the grass will recover nicely and if it's the best park in town with pristine lawns and flower gardens blooming, I leave it alone, that way everyone is happy with me,...I wear a bumbag on the side for all my junk finds and am only too willing to show that to anyone who shows an interest in what I'm doing. I also cart away other rubbish when I'm able, though mostly it is metal or glass. I take the time to give a nod or say hello when anyone is there as well. Today I was digging in a park with old trees and using a hammer and chisel to get down to my silver targets, but when I was finished you couldn't tell I'd been there(helps to know how to camouflage as well though).
jamie said:
Silver, well done on your finds mate, how do you go about digging in parks without doing damage to the grounds and not getting yourself in trouble, just curious as i haven't been game enough to try it
dryhorrors, good to see another pawn broker on the forum mate, i am one as well lol

I tried firstly next to the golf course down low near the water line got 50c first then walked along the beach and hit targets almost every couple of meters but was all junk then decided to try the main beach after a few hours of that, wasn't really sure where to start on the main beach so I started down low not a single target so I gave up and started heading back to the car, decided I'd try up high on the flatter section where it's more likely people sit and hit the 25c then a nice big sinker and a steel fishing rod holder, at this rate it will take a while to pay off the 705 but sure beats sitting at home, so far my total is about $5 most of which came from my backyard lol

Here is todays hunt results(finally)
lets start with the rubbish,...something I hardly ever post but know you are all eager to see.
1416218802_sam_5972.jpg

now to break up that rubbish(all from one old park)
The glass and plastic was just a nice thing to do for kiddies feet.
1416219125_sam_5982.jpg

Notice that most of the bottle tops are very old and rusted(in the way of a potential good signal)
1416219201_sam_5987.jpg

And all this aluminium was in the hopes of a sovereign or half, or a gold ring.(that didn't happen)
1416219248_sam_5989.jpg

And the 3 lead heads to show that there was an od building on site sometime in the past.
1416219279_sam_5984.jpg

Now at first I thought it was all going to be for ten cents.
1416219710_sam_5980.jpg

1416219745_sam_5979.jpg

As I was only working the shade and clearing out the rubbish so I could find me some SILVER I persisted in the face of adversity and come up trumps down amongst the roots next to one big old tree(not all together though).
Started out with a 1943 threepence.
1416220299_sam_5978.jpg

1416220097_sam_5975.jpg

And next up was a 1914m threepence.
1416221777_sam_5977.jpg

1416221814_sam_5974.jpg

And finally up pops a 1942d sixpence to top off the hunt before Mrs Silver helps wrap up the day for me.
1416222024_sam_5976.jpg

1416222062_sam_5973.jpg

Must let you all know that without the rubbish cleanup as I went there would have only been those two 5c pieces in the kitty for the hunt.
So it literally pays to clean up as you hunt in more ways than one.

KarlS said:
Hi Digginholes, 75 cents you done OK. Some time ago I stopped in St Marrys shopping center and have swing in the playground. 5 cents was all I found. No pull tabs or bottle tops.
Some place has been cleaned out.
Karl
I live not far from there, come to think of it quite often the circus sets up across from the shops opposite the pools might have to go for a swing there.

Lots of it was on the surface Digginholes,....Funny how a well done over park can have heaps of surface rubbish still in view(hint hint).

Latest posts