Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batteries don't grow on trees ya knos. ;) you shoulda had a swing on the 305, top tecta. looking back over awhile, the ace users seem to have more finds overall, but there are ,more of them and mbe they post more ? both are great entry- mid level units.

Looking over a few of my silver finds to see what I have that could potentially clean up easily and nicely I found there to be a bit of a discrepancy with the number tally, there were more 925% silvers(on the right) than there were 50% silvers(on the left). They all got harvested from the same finds era bag so I'm surmising that the 50% silvers are a bit harder to pick up in the ground(I know they can show up mid range), so I think I might go over some old ground just to check a bit more carefully,...especially the places where I got no threepences at all in the past with previous detectors.
here is a picture of the threepences that I am talking about.
1412694152_sam_4447.jpg

I like the design of all the silver pre - decs but the 6d and the 3d are really good. quite small and light.
I only have a few of each, but did get a 1873 3d Vicky in nice nick. be nice to have it's ''daddy'' - a florin. ;)

Amazing finds for an Ace 250. just goes to show what can be found with one. I am sure that most of it is down to your ability and good sites. funny that you don't see a lot of great finds from the '' top '' end tectas. mbe the owners are too shy ? :p

slipped disc said:
Amazing finds for an Ace 250. just goes to show what can be found with one. I am sure that most of it is down to your ability and good sites. funny that you don't see a lot of great finds from the '' top '' end tectas. mbe the owners are too shy ? :p

I have never been called shy SD but does the 250+ silver coins and 20+ gold rings in the last 9 months from the CTX and Sovereign and now Explorer I post count??? 8)

Nice finds silver!

slipped disk, even ACE250 owners don't show the really great stuff, and Paulmarr everyone of those 250+ silvers and 20 odd gold rings do count, we love seeing them as much as you love finding them. We have some pretty low tides up here with high highs as well to help move stuff around at the moment, might try my luck out on the salty sand with the ACE250.

Paulmarr said:
slipped disc said:

I have never been called shy SD but does the 250+ silver coins and 20+ gold rings in the last 9 months from the CTX and Sovereign and now Explorer I post count??? 8)

Nice finds silver!

MMMMM, AHHHH, ERRRR, 'SPOSE. :D well, that's one for the team so far . hahaha :p

rileymcsmiley said:
How do you go about finding these spots that produce the pre decimals? Could use a few tips :p

Research, Research, Research. Obviously you want to find sites where lots of people gathered in Pre decimal times. Your local library is a good place to start. They will have a local history section.

Good luck.

I agree with Ramjet about the library rileymcsmiley, and you can ask really old people(very nicely) what it was like in the old days, and before too long you will start to get onto some very real,....old local knowledge(if they were always a local) and that might help to steer you on your way.

The internet has a wealth of knowledge, it is quite easy to look up the dates of when certain parks and ovals in your area were first established, or look at the history of sporting groups such as cricket teams. My local cricket team dates back to the mid 1800's, so when I did some online research, I found out which local ovals they frequented, whether they still existed, and if they had since been redeveloped. Research is half the fun, but to get get a result from the research is even more rewarding. :)

Here are the last two little hunts worth of finds, on a private spot with access for old mate and I.
1413377892_sam_4767.jpg

$2 coins 1990, 1996,2002.
1413375729_sam_4758.jpg

10c 1980,1981. ,5c 1988. ,1c 1975.
1413377965_sam_4766.jpg

6d 1926, 1938. 3d 1949.
1413378024_sam_4763.jpg

5 x Pennies 1927, 1927, 1929, 1935, 1951.
1413378104_sam_4764.jpg

4 x half pennies unknown date(not 1923), 1934, 1938, 1951(bent).
1413376289_sam_4765.jpg

next copper pretty that used to have cut glass(Id say) in the holes, I'm not sure how it was used though ?
1413376448_sam_4756.jpg

next is a 9ct lnd bangle or watch part(the bit that would open and close to tighten it up on your wrist).
1413378174_sam_4757.jpg

next is a button of indeterminate date(unlike the ww2 navy button mate picked out).
1413376653_sam_4759.jpg

next are a few shots of the old bent and broken ring I dug(prised from old mother earths filthy grasp)
1413378245_sam_4760.jpg

1413378294_sam_4762.jpg

1413376915_sam_4761.jpg

sorry about the photo quality, obviously I'm not a qualified photographer.(ha)
Once the post has timed out if it's a big post and you take too long to finish it the photos don't load in properly anymore(some of them) when you repaste it in a newly opened second go at your topic post(nugget what do you recon happens there and how do I get around that).
Found the fix,...reloaded the shitty photos that didn't work out properly one at a time through edit before my editing time ran out, all photos in now(not any better than my photography though).

Look to your left Slipped disk, do I look like Sandta,....he's much more handsome than me,...and he might actually give you things at Christmas(bahahahahaha)
you still up drinking bro !?

silver said:
Look to your left Slipped disk, do I look like Sandta,....he's much more handsome than me,...and he might actually give you things at Christmas(bahahahahaha)
you still up drinking bro !?

OOOPPS. wrong glasses. nup, coffee only. had a beer last week. :cool:

all good sd,...ifn ya wanna see what pickies I've posted have a quick looksy through my posts on my profile only stopping at the photos in show all posts( it's a great way to catch up on what you miss over time,..I do that regularly, sometimes people have no pickies though)

silver said:
all good sd,...ifn ya wanna see what pickies I've posted have a quick looksy through my posts on my profile only stopping at the photos in show all posts( it's a great way to catch up on what you miss over time,..I do that regularly, sometimes people have no pickies though)

Can do, always keep an eye on all posts. I got a sovereign xs today to try and catch up to you and Sandta with those great finds you both get. :)

Latest posts