Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danny13 said:
Love those plums silver . Looks like a nice crop this year mate :)
Would be ,.... could be ,.... but , unfortunately Dan it needs a mate apparently for cross pollination to produce the ripper crop we can both envisage going by the flowers. Not sure, but I think it may need to be a different tree too so I'm unsure if the cross pollination could occur from another tree grown by cutting from this one or not. I'd assume that they both would still be the one tree in effect ,... bit of a bugga that too cause my tree is a cutting from a tree where my parents used to live, and it took well and grew superbly without the need for grafting onto a stock root at all.
Maybe I'll have to grow up a few seedlings from it to get that bit of genetic biodiversity into availability for a good crop result. The Tropical plum that I have would be a hybrid at anyrate so any seedlings it produces won't be true to seed at all and would be a genetic mix of the original grandparent trees and that may be enough to get me over the line for a good crop in the long run ,.... or I could just stop being a scrooge and spend the money on one from a nursery and hope for it to be not the one and same as I already have ,... hopefully there would be a different type available after 25 years from when this ones mother woulda been created.
At any rate, I'm gunna do some cuttings from mine this comming winter when it's in hibernation. :Y:
but hey, I still get a dozen or so fruit a year from this one atm. :p

Yeah first time I had even heard of a tropical plum tree. It's impressive with the amount of flowers Silver , reckon the branches would be hanging low with the weight of the fruit. If there is another tree in the neighbourhood pollination should'nt be an issue if the bees are doing their job . I heard of farmers in America hiring bee hives to pollinate their trees , might be an idea Silver ? :p

Someone is removing all the residential behives from towns. I hear on a grapevine that they are being boxed up and sold($400-$600 per hive) ,.... thus no more bee's in town limits.

I've been watching with due diligence and both normal and native bees are conspicuous by their almost total absence ,..... nothing like the bees of old through childhood, youthful & yesteryear days that danced around the flowers in busy droves. :eek:

Yeah I remember getting stung in the backyard every so often when the clover was in flower . But your right with the abscence of bees in saburbia these days. And that might be the issue right there with the plums

Grevillea Robusta (silky oak)
Big enough tree
No bee's :eek:
1505231856_screenshot_2017-09-13-01-56-18.jpg

lots of nectar in that lot
gives you good energy too
might just start my day with some of that lot when the sun comes up. :p
how to find silver,........
8) look for the place with no bee's lol

Sorry everyone no silver finds (crook with the flue and me backs gone on me too)
B U T, lol, the bananas have ripened
1505727725_screenshot_2017-09-18-18-31-31.jpg

but being stooped over with my bad back I was unable to see they were ready ,.... but I knew when I heard the bats fighting over the booty (buuuuugga)
1505727851_screenshot_2017-09-18-18-31-56.jpg

still, I got the most in the deal of nature (win win for me)
And I'll be much more vigilant on this lot
1505727952_screenshot_2017-09-18-18-30-51.jpg

on a lighter note ,.... my mulberry tree is coming back with a vengeance after getting a severe chop.
1505728105_screenshot_2017-09-18-18-31-16.jpg

just have a gecko at the size of some of these new leaves lol :Y:
1505728173_screenshot_2017-09-18-18-31-06.jpg

and I better finish up with a beans update :Y:
growing pretty well :D
1505728261_screenshot_2017-09-18-18-30-57.jpg

hopefully next time I'll have some fresh found silver to show. ;) ;)

Heatho said:
Looking good mate, hope you're feeling better soon. :Y:
Thanks mate, getting to that stage where the twinges have abated but still a need to be carefull with the back just in case ,.... and that sore throat cough stuff up but it hurts stage of the flue.
Aussie Green Custard Flue ,... worst type yet I recon lol :Y: I'll be right soon enough though, just don't wanta pass it beyond me to anyone ! :D

ktmman said:
Beans are coming along nicely :Y:
Ain't they just ,.... getting hungry for raw bean already just looking at them mate (which I do, just sit beside them n watch em grow) :Y:

rocketaroo said:
vege gardens are very satisfying things, your in the dirt, and can still pluck some silver.......beets!
:)
Something about that playing in the dirt hey mate ,... we all got that in common in here !
:Y: :p :Y:

Latest posts