Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloody fruit bats silver :eek: They used to tear our sugar banana trees down in Cairns :rolleyes: Can you bag the bunch to keep em off? 8)
Sweet little sea silver there :cool: :Y:

Scratched up but still good on the inside B5 :Y:
1506732095_screenshot_2017-09-30-10-12-14.jpg

Made up brecky from the backyard this morning ktmman
strawberries
1506733130_screenshot_2017-09-30-10-10-48.jpg

chocolate pudding
1506733179_screenshot_2017-09-30-10-11-56.jpg

added some macadamia nuts
and bananas
1506733252_screenshot_2017-09-30-10-13-21.jpg

was nice to get a free meal :Y: :p :Y:
1506733327_screenshot_2017-09-30-10-13-53.jpg

ps
I'll even eat mouldy macadamia nuts from the shell too.
Gives em a totally different taste to normal (and I'm still alive lol) :Y: :p ]:D

golddiggerart said:
God I love your yard.....Lots of goodies in there.....Fantastic and my dream garden. :) :Y:
Thanks gda ,.... I love it too ! :p
you can do it anywhere hey !
This place is just a rental ,.... and we are 17 years in so far lol. :Y:
but if I never started at all ,.... then nothing would have happened. :eek:
Even if it's just in the short term ,... the practice gained for the real thing is invaluable in the longer term grand scheme of things.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pAKRSbT2I7Y
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xkzu7T7WHY0
just look for gardening things like this for inspirational ideas ,.... and anything on low input gardening methods ,... ie composting / no dig / water saving / propagating methods / close intensive planting / food gardens.
:Y: :rainbow: :Y:

silver said:
cashgoldsilver said:
Many snakes so far this year - 8)
Not a one in the backyard so far cgs
But one off the road feeding the lemon tree out the front atm ! :Y:

I reckon the one eyed trouser snake is the most dangerous thing in the world :eek:

Just look at how the world is today,way too many deadly trouser snakes 8)

cashgoldsilver said:
silver said:
cashgoldsilver said:
Many snakes so far this year - 8)
Not a one in the backyard so far cgs
But one off the road feeding the lemon tree out the front atm ! :Y:

I reckon the one eyed trouser snake is the most dangerous in the world :eek:

Just look at how the world is today,way too many deadly trouser snakes 8)
Full of nitrogen fertilizer they are ,.... but can kill weeds in the first 24 hrs of getting to know each other intimately ! :eek: 8) ]:D
so d o n ' t be wasteful now that you know. ;) ;)

1506756847_img_20170930_173312.jpg

Waiting on these to fatten up. They are commonly known as pineberrys, I have 2 varieties. The one pictured is an old cottage variety gathered growing the foothills of a certain range of Mountains right here in Australia. I can't tell you if settlers brought them in and they took up wild here or are indigenous to the area, Australia the land of mystery. I found them after some research about the infamous "Original" Strawberry tale told to me by an old chef from the Navy told me about them as a young bloke.

The second variety is an imported species which I believe would be a similar if not the same genus. Not very prolific but they are the tastiest little Berrys tasting like a pineapple/strawberry cross. Propagation from seed is very hit and miss but I've been at it for over 15 years, a few lucky souls have their own plants I've successfully managed to raise.

The best part is the snails and slugs leave them be and although on my front doorstep most people dismiss them as underdeveloped fruit leaving me to have a tasty little snack when in fruit.

If you are interested I could try and get a small seperation piece of a plant with some roots sent to you Silver if you'd like to try growing one.

I like the sound of pineapple strawberries GT ,.... always nice to give something different a go hey.
:Y: :p :Y:

Danny13 said:
Nice to see the bees have made it in Silver . Might get a good tropical plum crop yet :)
Most little starter plums have dropped away Dan ,.... maybe next year I will hit it with mencozeb and copper oxy chloride a few times before it comes out of its sleep :Y:
the gardening bloke off abc radio on fridays recons spray everything with that lol (or so it seems) :Y:

Latest posts