Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danny13 said:
Think you got plenty of years of great detecting in front. But sooner or later your going to have to choose an apprentice . I'm thinking B5 could carry on your legacy
Cmon fellas, no one would even believe what I really had to say (as a apprentice) anyway. :lol:

Danny13 said:
Well they don't call you silver for nothing , but if they won't listen , I'm sure your spots will be noticed :)
I'm moving that slow these days that no one actually sees me anymore Dan (except that other slow guy the other day who came over and told me where a gold spanish coin had been found several years ago by a diver about a mile out off the coast ,.... just picked it up off the bottom ,.... and couldn't find the spot again) ,..... don't ya love it when people offer you wonderfull clues that are not in print at all, and never have been ! :cool:

Danny13 said:
Think you got plenty of years of great detecting in front. But sooner or later your going to have to choose an apprentice . I'm thinking B5 could carry on your legacy
I'm a listener silver :D I just ignore people who dribble to much :D you have many words of wisdom Sir :D :Y:

B5MECH said:
Danny13 said:
I'm a listener silver :D I just ignore people who dribble to much :D you have many words of wisdom Sir :D :Y:
Dribble, drivel, it's all much(or more of) the same if you ask me ! ]:D

silver said:
B5MECH said:
Danny13 said:
Dribble is dribble Sir :D but your like Shakespeare of the detector community ;) :Y:

B5MECH said:
silver said:
B5MECH said:
Danny13 said:
Dribble is dribble Sir :D but your like Shakespeare of the detector community ;) :Y:
Silver think you found an apprentice to pass on the art of silver detecting and retrieval . Did not know you were related to shakespear , but makes sense your a pretty good wordsmith , some of the stuff you wright is bloody beautiful . ]:D :lol: :lol:

You blokes'll be able to teach me new stuff before too long, hopefully we'll all get a hunt in together eventually ,.... looking forward to that day ! Hopefully there'll be old florins all round (or at least a few pristine thrippys) :Y: :party: :Y:

silver said:
caparobertsan said:
silver said:
caparobertsan said:
silver said:
Thanks fellas :Y: ,. Got one of my sea silvers cleaned up so far (other two are a work in progress still ,... as are the last 3 sixpences out of those 13 silvers the other day).
here's that one clean sea silver. :p
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1953/1491165770_20170403_063626.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1953/1491165792_20170403_063646.jpg
thought I'd try a red background this time (visual artistic research). :D
How did you clean silver? That looks nothing like the one you found!!!! Very good! Just tooth brush???
Here you go Capa. ;)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=234156#p234156

I see. I guess silver will not melt.
I have done copper coin but it looks very strange. It came out completely bare copper but all pitted and looks very un-natural. I feel it resolved slightly as solution became slightly green.... And lost its patina.

Do u clean copper coins such as Pennies?
only with a wire brush Capa, and only if they are worthless anyway :Y:
Sorry Capa, I meant to say brass wire brush as they are the softer choice when it comes to wire brushes ! ;) ;)
and only the coppers, never the silvers (EVER). :Y:

rocketaroo said:
Your back into it Silver, great to see!
Yeah RKT, actually thought my lower back was gunna go on me this morning, but, been walking pretty good all day now, maybe it was my sciatic/bulging disc problem doing a little self rectifying (one can only hope) ,... I'll see what tommorow brings mate ,... be good if it's more of the same ! :Y:

silver said:
rocketaroo said:
Yeah RKT, actually thought my lower back was gunna go on me this morning, but, been walking pretty good all day now, maybe it was my sciatic/bulging disc problem doing a little self rectifying (one can only hope) ,... I'll see what tommorow brings mate ,... be good if it's more of the same ! :Y:
Have you ever tried acupuncture silver :eek: A mate of mine says it totally relieves him but not really sure how slipped his back is maybe just his mind from too many Valiums :lol: :lol: he does compo claims so must be slipped to an extent :rolleyes:

B5MECH said:
silver said:
rocketaroo said:
Have you ever tried acupuncture silver :eek: A mate of mine says it totally relieves him but not really sure how slipped his back is maybe just his mind from too many Valiums :lol: :lol: he does compo claims so must be slipped to an extent :rolleyes:
Nah B5, no needles, I'd have to hit the jackpot first (goldie hot spot) ,.... I think I might try a massage soon though, some lady I heard about is supposed to work miracles with her hands :eek: :p :D :Y:

Took daughter and friend to the coast for a play and a swim this arvo,.... while I had a bit of a swing. Scored $2.00, but, that didn't go any further than 2 frozen cokes on the trip home ,.... I did however manage to scratch that itch while I was there. :D :Y:
1491633970_20170408_163620.jpg

a small Aussie Army Button
a little squashed on the front.
1491634024_20170408_163649.jpg

And of course, a 1951 6d :p
1491634127_20170408_163636.jpg

Latest posts