today's find with my gofind 60

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all! Unfortunately I hit Florin with my croc digga and scratched it! That is why I am not showing the other side..... but I am very happy with it!
The year of pennies are 1940, 1941, 1964!
I am trying to figure out what had happened there. So far I have found many 1 and 2 cents, pennies, three pence from 1938 and 1951, 1950...and florin!
Now I want to find 6 pence and shelling!

Capa you need to dig "around" outside the pin pointed area with the monster crok digger, and be more gentle as you approach the 'target'.

I bet you were really keen to get to the target quick - I would be too !

Bugger that the Florin is scratched, but knowing you, you will find another in better condition next dig there.

Yes Green Hornet I do dig around but I hold Gofind60 pin point mode not being so accurate! ! ! But I am still happy with it! But I will dig larger hole from now on! Thank you!!!

I went to the same spot again but this time many many 1 and 2 cents! And My first SIx Pence coin! :Y: This one sounds really good and heavy 92.5% silver! And most significant find was Australian Commonwealth military forces tiny pin! :Y: I really like it! But I googled this one I did not see the same photo. This one has red stone and mother of pearl in it. I would like to know the details. Thank you!

1489961782_img_20170319_082720.jpg

1489961782_img_20170319_082759.jpg

1489961783_img_20170319_115036.jpg

The Rising Sun is a fantastic find, might even be unoffical "Sweetheart Jewellery" that was produced to help fund the war effort and as momentos for wives back at home. Had a search and couldn't find something similar, though the design looks similar to a Rising Sun I found a while back. :)

Sunday dig at my local park. It was very humid hot weather today but I wanted go back to that park because I found 2 x Commonwealth half pennies there before. Well I found many. Toasted Commonwealth pennies and a three pence, my first early 1900 shilling, and 1890 Penny and half penny, a piece of jewelry and of course many junks. I also found modern Singaporean and Chinese coins.

Park ranger had come and spoke to me saying I am not allowed to dig in parks in Victoria. And he stated saying that I can use detector but I cannot dig!??! After while he stated saying If I have a permit, I can do it!??!! I think he was not sure himself. I think He did not want me to damage his park. I told him I always close holes. He told me that's good but most dont.... I actually saw many holes but not closed.... so I understand where he stand. But I will go back there again. But to be safe, I got permit anyway. So if he someone asked me again, I can show it to them.
1490529067_img_20170326_180230_1.jpg

1490529121_img_20170326_180245_1.jpg

1490529150_img_20170326_180416_1.jpg

I just spoken to Miner`s right people, He is not even sure or why I dig for old coins at park...... He just told me to be careful......What does that mean :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: No one seems to know the rule! :N: :N: :N: :N: :N:

caparobertsan said:
golddiggerart said:
Well done Capa some nice finds... :)
Thank you! Have you had any encounter from officers?

Nope and if they come close by I will just tell them I have a piece of paper in my wallet that says I am able to dig as long as I am within the boundary of the law, otherwise I will say F-Off mate check the law.

Probably wirth a try mate if you've already got it, I'm just not sure of how it all works down there, or whether that would cover digging in a park , I know up here it would not help at all, the only thing on side is facts and fastidious performance ,.... facts, we clean up as we go, even surface rubbish is removed (including plastic and glass) ,... and as for performance, well we all get on well and leave no trace behind of having been there at all, and only dig after good rain, any other times or behaviors and they would run you off before blinking twice. :Y:

Latest posts