I Love My XP Deus! ~June 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave law said:
shite mate,thats no good. Hope Clegy comes good for you. Have you got another coil,if so, use its shaft. Good luck. Cheers.
Yeah It is definitely Scheisse but, normal coil shaft is slightly different I think. There is a cut out for battery connector to go through. I could modify it but I don't want weaken my 11 inch coil shaft,,,, I will try to fix it again tonight with MEK(Methyl Ethel Ketone) to bond it together. I am thinking plastic is ABS. I watched youtube and that solvent works well with ABS- BUT I really need to get new one and I will attach some bumper foam around my hf coil to absorb shock,,,,, I hope they will release new HF coils in the future but place battery inside coil not in the shaft! :clap:

Not sure why it broke. But Now I am thinking swinging angle was too low as I was trying to search under the bush. Hopefully new will last long.
I am sending old one for inspection but I was too quick to react as I was so upset.. JB Weld worked best so far. It was rock solid. So I will know what to do if I break one again. But At least coil ears did not break! That would be fatal....

You are a hard man on your gear - lol! I haven't manage to break anything on my Deus so far (touch wood), and I detect some pretty gnarly looking areas. Oh well, hopefully Clegy will be able to help you out. :D

I am not only one who broke the lower shaft of HF coils! Here is the footage!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwXzwnpLXXU

ANyway I went to the same park again with HF coil this time but I did not miss as much with 11 inch coil as I did not fine many good targets. But still a Silver ring popped out!

1551652998_img_20190303_185227.jpg

Thanks ALL :argh:

Well done on the silvers and ring, it is very satisfying to sniff out harder targets from well detected ground.

Probably better off that the lower rod fail rather than the coil ears, that would be a lot hard to fix though may be covered by warranty. I gather you got replacement from Clegy?

That HF coil is a pearler in junky ground, I have found a fair few coins going over the same patches of ground again. What settings are you using with yours? :D

Goldpick said:
Well done on the silvers and ring, it is very satisfying to sniff out harder targets from well detected ground.

Probably better off that the lower rod fail rather than the coil ears, that would be a lot hard to fix though may be covered by warranty. I gather you got replacement from Clegy?

That HF coil is a pearler in junky ground, I have found a fair few coins going over the same patches of ground again. What settings are you using with yours? :D

Hello, Goldpick Yes true, I do not want to break the ear of the coil for sure. Yes Clegy helped me out :power: . Maybe lower shaft angle was no good as I was trying to scan under the small bush and hit small branch and snapped off. It must be the weak point.

I just used standard hot program. But I have increased frequency to exact 30KHZ and sensitivity to 95. Yes I hear a lot of noises but it also ring very loud on small silvers! I used deep program but I was picking up very tiny bullets so I stopped. Deus can go deep!!! But I am not changing anything usually. I just love the deep silver signal! It is pleasing to hear and I am scanning many times unnecessarily so I can enjoy the sound :p !

Hunt results from 2 days. Not many item left but still managed to find some coins and relics. I found 1915 Penny with great details but compared to Roo Penny, it is way thin and smaller. Have you seen anything like this? It does not look worn at all. And Also Found a 14k gold ring this morning! :perfect: :trophy: :perfect:
1552515957_img_20190313_175336.jpg

1552515957_img_20190313_175429.jpg

1552515958_img_20190313_175411.jpg

1552516047_img_20190314_082824_edit.jpg

1552516047_img_20190314_082833_edit.jpg

1552516048_img_20190314_082847_edit.jpg

Some more nice finds there. All my pennies are the same size and thickness. Could be a counterfeit one???

wonder if the penny is a smugglers box normally seen them made out of cartwheels but a small box made out of two sides of a penny

Latest posts