Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
moeee said:
What makes your $2 coin of particular interest ?
i am not a coin connoseur
But I am curious

It is an off centre strike Moeee, you can see the thick edge rim on one side. Coin is deformed just enough the be rejected by the coin counter.

Top result for sure,extra tops :party: that sack must have been heavy O:)

Living in Sydney with the median house price of 1.1m still has it's good points :D I know Heatho would agree :lol:

Champion stuff :Y:

P.S. I am sure the local charity would take to mutilated coins off your hands for you,just saying :)

looking said:

Nice job looking! :Y:

How do you get the handle pipe to fit inside the step down adaptor? I would have thought that the thread would have to be removed, or is the handle pipe 2 steps down in size and easily fits?

I took over the dining room and made myself a home office ]:D ..... for working ;)

1533035078_6a1c11c5-7eec-4fe1-bf63-3969fe944eb9.jpg

You're going to have to fill in people like myself Wally??? What is all that stuff?

I'm guessing stuff for working with rocks, gems, etc. Maybe opals? A few tumblers and polishers amongst it? I've really got no idea :D

Dragon Man said:
looking said:

Nice job looking! :Y:

How do you get the handle pipe to fit inside the step down adaptor? I would have thought that the thread would have to be removed, or is the handle pipe 2 steps down in size and easily fits?

Hi Dragon Man,

Yeah its smaller so fits in easy, but not too easy :D and not much side ways action. It's a nice handy size for taking out into the Bush and stops me from bring too many rocks home.

Matt

Northeast said:
You're going to have to fill in people like myself Wally??? What is all that stuff?

I'm guessing stuff for working with rocks, gems, etc. Maybe opals? A few tumblers and polishers amongst it? I've really got no idea :D

No problem NorthEast, :rolleyes: I guess I could take you on a journey back in time and share my accomplishment in context

The bride {) convinced me of buying a house in the city to raise our family :rainbow:

I was duped 8.( into buying a house with a single garage. I love toys and have lots of them :Y: and the garage is full and unusable. Unfortunately my council regulations are man cave unfriendly :mad: and building one is not approvable, 8.( surley this has to be unconstitutional :N:

I recently learnt to facet gemstones :eek: and have actually cut some nice ones :party: :rainbow: :party: the bride {) and family have dug their own rough :rainbow: and I have cut one of these stones, of my sons design, that I intend to set in silver myself. That means, more toys :p so I now have some silversmithing gear as well.

I was allowed to set up my faceting machine in the lounge room, :rolleyes: actually, :8 I set it up under cover of darkness ]:D

All was good for a while :party: :rainbow: :party: and then the accumulation started :cool: I mean essential accumulation of addition accessories :lol: the addition of a second machine was the turning point for knowing I had outgrownand my space :eek:

{) => :brokenh: it all came to an end when I got abused for being too loud during an :rolleyes: important documentary :mad: 8.( :mad: the net result was my mini workshop was in jeopardy of being kicked out of the lounge room. :8

8) what to do :rolleyes: :rolleyes: the answer was obvious. :lol: I need a bigger work desk :Y: 2200x900 should do the trick....that is about the size of the dining room table O:) it will fit just nicely in the lounge room. ]:D

As a side, I separated from my employer and have decided to pursue self employment to get a better work-play balance and I need to set up a home office. :Y: this is when the bride {) steps in and suggests I cant have the dining table for my faceting gear, that we need to relocate it and turn the dining room into an office. :brokenh: => :party: :rainbow: :party:

So, the end result of yesterdays efforts was the relocation of household furniture and the building of a new work bench for the toys :cool: the photo shows my new desk with my faceting and silversmithing gear on it......... :rolleyes: ..... and yes, the other half of the room is set up for my home office.

Thanks for the run down Wally! Pretty cool hobby to be able to enjoy.

You're a brave man heading into self employment - good for you and best wishes, I hope it works out for you :Y:

Latest posts