Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tathra said:
Called Durafix. smile
Use a map pro torch and keep your joins clean.
Heat the job, Not the rod and flow it on.
You will break the aluminum but not the join if done properly.
Good idea to have a very good look at the site.
I use it myself. smile smile

That Durafix looks great! I haven't heard of it before, but looks like most people could use it OK. I could not see any mention of stainless steel on their website, but I'd guess it would work. Have you tried it on Stainless?

No I have not.
Did you know you can weld stainless with a standard welder. ?
The stainless just converts back to regular steel. :)
And rust's. LOL

Didn't want to go right into it but
low grade and a gasless mig.
I have built a few stainless exhaust's and a few other things
doing this.
Stainless did not rust excepting the welds.
And the one on my old Hilux has lasted 4 odd years.

I have seen a guy soldier steel square tube to a flat plate but not sure if they were the same rods, but the soldering idea has been done with most metals, most welding co's sell the stuff, I usually tig stainless as I had to hand my bottle of argon back to BOC the ripoffs, so lately I been stick welding stainless and it is one of the most fun arc welding steels ever :eek: :eek: :eek: welds so smooth, I would advise anyone with a good arc welder to give it a try, Try electrodes E308L for 304/308 staino or E316L for 316/318 staino , I've been using E308L's and actually weld 304 to 316 staino and doesn't rust, theres also a 400 series rod used for uncommen steels or staino to steel.
When I finish my next small digger blade ill try to put up some pics in the today I made.
If any ont has a BOC account cancel it, speedy gas now does swap and go bottles, argon and others.

Thanks tathradj. Sounds like durafix might be worth a go, I haven't got a welder, I usually rely on family helping me out. Or maybe I'll invest in one oneday, but that will be a while. ..

1469680832_pluga_001.jpg

1469680832_pluga_002.jpg

1469680832_pluga_003.jpg

This year I've been making some digging tools from stainless 304 and 316 all arc welded with E308L electrodes, this is my deep plug tool. I hope the images worked, if they did I have finally worked out how to do it easily. :) yeah it worked I'll start getting more pics up from now on.

1469711714_pennyring_001.jpg

1469711714_pennyring_002.jpg

1469711714_pennyring_003.jpg

Today I finished a dome penny key ring made from some toasted finds, I should have chosen a better head side but the tail side was a bent mower specimen
Not bad for a first one considering. Will use stainless chain and 1 more ring to finish it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Drop to much soldier.
Looking for things to make the toasties into. ;)

Latest posts