Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sniffy said:
kawman said:
Most old car speakers have a vert strong magnet in the back of them.... Maybee good for black sand.. ;)

Magnets out of computer hard drives are rare-earth and come in 2's (Wickedly strong, don't get your fingers caught between them) and easy enough to come by.

There are some you-tube vids on how to remove them - google removing hard drive magnets

Ive pulled a few of these out of hard drives, they are also the first magnets to smash and cut the crap out of your hands being very thin and frail :) i did manage to get one out perfectly round and superglue it to the end of the pick which was super handy at picking up small junk. But if i was to buy them again id go straight to ebay and get a solid one that doesnt shatter.

Just bought 2 90kg pull strength rare earth for a job we are doing, one of the guys just had to see how strong they are, 10mins later and a screwdriver, it was wedged off the steel girder it was magnetised to

Oh, that sort of whoopsie. I did that on the weekend with 9 small gold nuggets. Took me and hour i reckon to sort through the the leaves etc to retrieve them all. Problem was i wasn't sure how many i'd dropped so i spent another 5 minutes detecting just to make sure i had them all :lol: :lol: That's the third time it's happened to me so i'll see your idiot and raise you one TSB :p

aushunter said:
Just bought 2 90kg pull strength rare earth for a job we are doing, one of the guys just had to see how strong they are, 10mins later and a screwdriver, it was wedged off the steel girder it was magnetised to

Mate of mine had 2 stacks of 40mmX10mm rare earth magnets and tried to put them together slowly so they didn't bang together. He was resting against his stomach and they snapped together with a bit of his skin between!

cooked these up last night
61A6C667-44C8-47A6-9CC1-FB497230DFDB_zps4srool26.jpg

Latest posts