Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, well over the last few days, I made a waste oil heater. It needs a good clean up and fireproof paint now because all the paint has gone. I've only used items from my scrap pile so some improvements could be made but perhaps later.
1436010373_img_6292.jpg

Hey moneybox' I like the waist oil heater mate! One of my mates made one a few years back with a regulator and aircomp feed from underneath the air was blowing up towards heat bricks that sat in a oil bath got the top glowing red hot usually ment a cold winter in his shed ended with the dart board outside as it was too dam hot in the shed.

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Hey moneybox' I like the waist oil heater mate! One of my mates made one a few years back with a regulator and aircomp feed from underneath the air was blowing up towards heat bricks that sat in a oil bath got the top glowing red hot usually ment a cold winter in his shed ended with the dart board outside as it was too dam hot in the shed.
Sounds like mrs dwt in the house, damm, the girl burns wood like she hates the stuff :rolleyes: 2 deg outside n I'm in shorts and t-shirt inside borderline sweating my ass off, and it's the same night after night after night :/
The new 395XP husqy is paying for itself anyways :cool:

dwt said:
Zuke_Lynzy said:
Sounds like mrs dwt in the house, damm, the girl burns wood like she hates the stuff :rolleyes: 2 deg outside n I'm in shorts and t-shirt inside borderline sweating my ass off, and it's the same night after night after night :/
The new 395XP husqy is paying for itself anyways :cool:
Yep, Mrs Chewy and the teenwooket had the heater blasting today, I'm in a t shirt sweating. Lucky it's gas and I could turn it down.

Yeah I looked at air feed but it was way too noisy. Even with the normal convection it makes more noise than I was counting on. It takes about 10-15 minutes to make about 500 Deg C at the lower burn chamber (half of an old CO2 fire extinguisher) and the bottle (AC Gas) runs at around 300-320 Deg C. All the paint has blistered and burned black so now I need to sand it all back to bare metal and coat it well in fireproof paint.

I'm too busy now swapping the engine in the old bus so we can get to the muster on time. The engine I bought is six years newer than the old one so I have a few wiring issues to deal with once it's put together.

kawman said:
Most old car speakers have a vert strong magnet in the back of them.... Maybee good for black sand.. ;)

Magnets out of computer hard drives are rare-earth and come in 2's (Wickedly strong, don't get your fingers caught between them) and easy enough to come by.

There are some you-tube vids on how to remove them - google removing hard drive magnets

Latest posts