Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he needs one of these

1561868751_130f8d86-1257-4748-8c40-2d43344bc0d7.jpg

I will sit down and experiment with a 3 prong solution for triangle cuts tonight as I have some I would like to put on display.

Do you have a special pre-decimal date? If you do, and I have that date sixpence in my detector treasure chest, Ill be happy to donate one of my prototypes for you to put that great stone on display.

Flowerpot said:

I can see myself getting into this one day. Something really appealing to me about taking a stone that is perhaps not so pretty, or has more potential than it's raw form, working out what I see in it then applying mathematics, geometries, skill and patience to turn it into something beautiful.

Nice work mate.

Baz.

Sandbagger said:
Flowerpot said:

I can see myself getting into this one day. Something really appealing to me about taking a stone that is perhaps not so pretty, or has more potential than it's raw form, working out what I see in it then applying mathematics, geometries, skill and patience to turn it into something beautiful.

Nice work mate.

Baz.

I reckon you will smash out a decent stone or two Baz, bring it on :Y: :gemstone:

Wally69 said:
I think he needs one of these

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8751_130f8d86-1257-4748-8c40-2d43344bc0d7.jpg

I will sit down and experiment with a 3 prong solution for triangle cuts tonight as I have some I would like to put on display.

Do you have a special pre-decimal date? If you do, and I have that date sixpence in my detector treasure chest, Ill be happy to donate one of my prototypes for you to put that great stone on display.

WOW and Thankyou so much for the kind offer Wally and they look so pretty displayed like that. :Y: :Y: :clap:
That's sooooo cool. 1958 is his year of birth. :D :D He'll be so rapt when I tell him tomorrow.
Thankyou again Wally.

I didnt stuff it up but cant seem to fine tune the symmetry of the prongs for the three sided stone.

Holds a round stone really well in my opinion, so will need to make one for myself now.

Made the stem a little longer for that flower-pot look. :D
1561896787_39ddfff7-a0bf-4471-8222-6968be5a85a0.jpg

1561896811_2845c517-80ed-431d-b468-e6d5f5fe9a2d.jpg

Today I made a small stand for the Xterra705.I know it has a stand under the arm cuff but find the detector falls over a lot.The credit for this idea must go to Mr Flowerpot who made a bigger version for Mrs Pot.So a little bit if pvc pipe,some end caps,a small clamp that held a bicycle reflector and a bit of black spray paint and job done.Thanks Mr Pot for the idea.It seems to work pretty well and doesn't get in the way when swinging.
1562503753_image.jpg

1562503810_image.jpg

Latest posts