Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent workmanship on the picks and dolly pots Muk and very prolific too.
I really love the ironing board used as a trestle idea.
Tops marks for everything. :trophy: :Y:

1539053637_p1040552.jpg
1539053659_p1040553.jpg
FITS SD 2000 TO GPX 5000

Gday all thanks for your comments Im trying to make some decent equipment for a realalistic price I think we overpay for most items bought from prospecting shops j I know they need a certain margin but for the simple things its crazy Ive just came back from my local post office and the cheapest postage for 1of my picks to anywhere in Aus is?17.65 thats for size and under 5kg I could fit 2 in same package for that but at that cost it makes my picks expensive nearly as much as a pickwould hate to think what it would cost to post a dolly pot I am going to visit some couriers to see if I can do any better the quality of my gear I make I do not budge on the picks only are made when I come across the correct material in this case ag points from local tip shop the dolly pots I have access to many different offcuts through my work which cost me in beer economy ie cartons if I cant find any decent way to send items I will just have them local and will only make them when requested or orded which in turn will make them cost more pretty sad but thats the way it is cheers Muk.

Muk said:
Gday all thanks for your comments Im trying to make some decent equipment for a realalistic price I think we overpay for most items bought from prospecting shops j I know they need a certain margin but for the simple things its crazy Ive just came back from my local post office and the cheapest postage for 1of my picks to anywhere in Aus is?17.65 thats for size and under 5kg I could fit 2 in same package for that but at that cost it makes my picks expensive nearly as much as a pickwould hate to think what it would cost to post a dolly pot I am going to visit some couriers to see if I can do any better the quality of my gear I make I do not budge on the picks only are made when I come across the correct material in this case ag points from local tip shop the dolly pots I have access to many different offcuts through my work which cost me in beer economy ie cartons if I cant find any decent way to send items I will just have them local and will only make them when requested or orded which in turn will make them cost more pretty sad but thats the way it is cheers Muk.

sent you an email :pickshovel:

Gday RockRat dont seem to have email or message from you I will answer I have had some messages from other members seems Aus post is pretty pricey cheers Muk.

Hi Old Hand love the look of your arm rest unfortunately I get really sweaty will wool so I wouldnt be able to use one .Love the handle lol I make them :lol: :lol:

Muk said:

Yes Muk, it's these hidden costs that put the price up on many of the items we purchase. That's one of the reasons the big chain stores can sell things so cheap. They purchase and ship in bulk and manage much of the shipping themselves.

PM Sent....

Muk sent email also Just need weight & dimensions of dolly pot with location?
Price of the pot ?
:perfect:

Gday all still chasing some freight costs for the gear sweeper I havent received email or message from you has happend with a couple of members the dolly pots I havent worked out a price as yet because I will factor some of the freight into the price the dimensions are for these 4pots are height 310mm width with handle 200mm inside diameter of pot 90mm base plate 160x160mm stamper 560 mm stamper base 65mm x30mm thick the size of pots can change due to material availability Im thinking I will cut stampers in half and put a screw together join in them to reduce the overall length these pots at the moment weigh 8kg will go up a little with join in stamper they are a good size pot will fit some decent size rocks any way thanks for your comments cheers Muk.

Mate, dont stress over freight. Members obviously like them and are happy to pay. Personally, and Im assuming most are the same, Im happy to pay for something decent even if it does cost a tad more to have it shipped.
They might of only cost you beer money in parts, but not everyone has a welder, space to make them or the skill to pop em all together. They look like a decent unit so Im sure the freight wont be a concern to someone who wants one.
Good job.

Yes as above and also I'm sure you will find many members may have account's with freight company So again freight not an issue :Y:
Can you give a Town & Postcode for pick up? Interested in obtaining a freight cost Understand if you do not wish to give out

Gday all have been to a few couriers and it seems to be Aus post is pretty much best option it will cost $17.65for a pick anyware in Aus and dolly pots depend on your postcode Melbourne was around $26 and WA was about $60 like I said depends on post code for this size dolly pot they are $40 each plus post picks are larger one $30 mid $25 I also have some smaller crevicing picks $20 all plus post smaller crevicing pick will be less will fit into a smaller post bag cheers Muk.

Latest posts