Today I FOUND

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the Mesiah said:
It's not what I found it's what I found out. I recently joined another forum willing to share my experiences of 20+ years of prospecting and as I was new to the forum and took it easy and entered into a discussion topic. Another member jumped in and wrote abusive comments all over what I had written. I thought fair is fair and hung some back and challenged the person to discuss why. ....Nothing ... The other member went quiet for a day or so and then posted a comment on another topic. I immediately jumped in on the topic and said hang on why? Or please personally apologise. I was banned! Today I FOUND out that there are some not so nice and one sided Forums out there, and as this is a new forum to me, I hope it is a fair and honest one.

Unfortunately it's a common attitude experience on some of the "other" forums out there. Prospecting Australia was formed to be a mature and unbiased alternative, so that like minded people can come together to share knowledge and experience without having to deal with ridicule. We're doing pretty well so far.

I agree 100%. I gave up on other forums after reading endless petty arguments and bickering over the QED detector, the conspiracy theory over the major detector manufacturers, slagging off/defending certain people who do modifications, politics (very annoying) - the list is endless. I also hated new forum members asking innocent questions and getting bagged out. Of course people will ask 'where do I go' and 'what do I do". I am not going to give out GPS references but I don't mind sharing methods, techniques that work for me and general areas to have a crack. We all had to start this at one time and anyway, a sense of community albeit on-line is a good thing for people and there are some lonely people out there. I believe the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.

I have found this a friendly forum and a very good cross-section of prospecting folk - metal detectorists, the panning and sluicing guys and girls, coin shooters, fossil and gem hunters etc. Keep it nice and friendly and fun. More than happy to contribute and have actually had some very nice contact with folk from the forum. I have learnt a lot too. What have I found? Don't poke the tiger he will only tolerate so much.

Diggerdude said:
Not the Mesiah said:
It's not what I found it's what I found out. I recently joined another forum willing to share my experiences of 20+ years of prospecting and as I was new to the forum and took it easy and entered into a discussion topic. Another member jumped in and wrote abusive comments all over what I had written. I thought fair is fair and hung some back and challenged the person to discuss why. ....Nothing ... The other member went quiet for a day or so and then posted a comment on another topic. I immediately jumped in on the topic and said hang on why? Or please personally apologise. I was banned! Today I FOUND out that there are some not so nice and one sided Forums out there, and as this is a new forum to me, I hope it is a fair and honest one.

Sounds like you have been on the detecting4umer. It's a lot different here Nugget and the other Moderators don't let that crap happen here. Welcome aboard.

DD

Your forum detector was spot on target there Diggerdude.

Hello Everyone!

NTM, I am a newbie an this is the best forum I have looked at with aussie contebt. treasurenet (mainly north america) is another i look at, in my hobest opinion, I know for a fact that I would not have been as nearly succusful in finding colour in my pan if not for the advice, hints and friends I have found on this site. The old hands are more than willibg to share their hard won knowledge and experience while myself and the other new chums are always contributing with what we have foubd worked or alternative approaches. some work, some dont! its all about learning from each other. the non prospecting aspects are also fun and informative with a lively debate at times. the comps are unique also. kudos ti nugget on that front. I think what separates this from other forums I have viewed is that each members contribution is valued by the community. we may not always agree, but respect is given to each opinion. never seen any childish behaviour here and it is tetament to the forum members maturity and approach to life and our hobby.. sorry for poor grammer and such, hard to write long posts on the phone... keep on swinging.. or digging... ;)

cheers, tone

1377561554_006_640x480_640x480.jpg

Today I FOUND that I cant use my downloaded version of the optimiser. Not sure why? There is no optimiser in the drop down list when I right click. I was able to use the online version for this image. It's a clay pipe that I found in the oversize pile of rubble from my trommel. Stamped on the side is the word GLASCOW. Found at Blackwood, Vic.

Today I FOUND...out that unfortunately part of growing old means I have to wear glasses from now on....and you don't spray paint with your new reading glasses on.

Today I FOUND....Myself in fits of laugher. The weather hasn't been the best for prospecting so I headed down to the local mining shop to talk crap about the big one that got away...as you do. While in there a chap walked inside wearing raggy clothes and holding a half full 20ltr bucket with wet newspaper over the top. The salesman was busy, but stopped what he was doing and with a curious look asked the man if he could help him. The chap took the paper from the top of the bucket and in broken English said " I find this! " The salesman said " I'll be with you in a second " Curiosity got the best of me so I walked over and stuck my hand in the bucket and pulled out some of the dirt on my fingertip. I took one look at it and said " Mate... this FOOLS Gold " A huge smile engulfed his face as he replied in broken English
" I HOPE SO! "

Today I found .......a bargain at Rays outdoors and got some hiking boots cheap!!!
I also found.......... out my girlfriend is working tonight so i will be heading down the park to dig up stuff.....

Today I found.........that the Circus is in town.
Seems they have a Surplus of Clowns :p
Welcome to life in the big smoke! :lol:

I found more old junk in the park its full of it! back again tonight though :)

I live at Pallarenda North QLD, its about 50 metres down the road to the park from where i live and is set along the beach opposite magnetic Island. its quite a large park with BBQs and play equipment. The point at Pallarenda used to be an army defense bunker during WW2. im sure there would of been some kind of barracks here back in the day. by the amount of junk in the earth here id say no one has detected here before. its gunna take me a long time to go over it all but am enjoying it, plus it gives me a chance to experiment with my detector. So far junk = 30 coins = 2 lol

Rodstar said:
I live at Pallarenda North QLD, its about 50 metres down the road to the park from where i live and is set along the beach opposite magnetic Island. its quite a large park with BBQs and play equipment. The point at Pallarenda used to be an army defense bunker during WW2. im sure there would of been some kind of barracks here back in the day. by the amount of junk in the earth here id say no one has detected here before. its gunna take me a long time to go over it all but am enjoying it, plus it gives me a chance to experiment with my detector. So far junk = 30 coins = 2 lol
Nice work Rod, you also have the quarantine station there at Pallarenda, I lived in Townsville for 12 years and love the place. Good luck, I am sure there must be some great finds around that area.

Thanks Richard, but i meant junk is 30 and coins found is 2 lol...... not sure if im allowed to go around the quaratine station as most of pallarenda is a conservation reserve... i can though search the parks, beach and where the old jetty was, which is still alot of ground to cover......

Today I took my son and one of his mates for a drive to Ararat. On the way back we stopped just past Beaufort and I had a go with my XT 17000. All we found was junk and some bullets on the picture below. They were mixed up with spent cartridges of same caliber.
Is it normal to throw out stuff like this?

1385895057_image.jpg

Latest posts