Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Doc, I appreciated the quadrupled post as it gave me many more yummy moments hehehe.
Loved every bite.
Thanks for sharing. You and your daughter should start up a food van...... in Brisbane that is :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mackka

Talon said:
That seafood looks fabulous. Can the basil and lemon oil be bought, or do you make it?

No mate, just make it fresh, some basil, chives and good olive oil, wiz it up with a stick mixer and add lemon juice and salt.

It's a variety of salsa verde (green sauce) and there are lots of variations.

For all these things, fresh is best...

Agree wholeheartedly with Dr D, some tasty tucker indeed has been displayed :p :Y:
Had a bit of the same myself the other day.
No floorboards, great photo's or flash ingredients unfortunately.
Just a humble, sunbaking chook, that, after its 36 hour dip in a buttermilk brine, found itself atop of a Dragon:

1508503209_b_milk_chook_1.jpg

After an hour and a half ( give or take) it was done.
Some gravy made out of the pan juices etc, and the high protein lunch was ready.

1508503210_b_milk_chook_2.jpg

1508503210_b_milk_chook_3.jpg

Cheers,
Billy :cool:

Hard Luck said:
Looks great Billy.
What's the go with the brine?
I've always wanted to brine some of my chooks but I usually cook them on the spur of the moment.

Gday HL,
Mate give it a go and you may never go back to cooking chicken without brining again ;)
It keeps the bird moist and makes it harder to overcook it as well as adding a bit of flavour.
This was the first website I found, but it explains it reasonably well:
https://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/cooking-tips/article/how-to-brine-chicken
Enjoy and let us all know how you go :Y:

Cheers,
Billy.

Jaros said:
Silver. don't you have any possums or do you stand guard over the plot night??
Wouldn't mind a taste of possum pie like the old ones ate. :p

Mate thanks for taking me back to th Hydro,just a magnificent palace and so many memories for me with my mother, God Bless Her Soul as we had the greatest of times there.
Mackka

Latest posts