Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shepherds Pie

1493206911_1-shepards_pie.jpg

DrDuck said:
Love some hot sauce with eggs for breakfast - I have it nearly every day!
I like that tobasco heat Doc, still got it lingering on my lips slightly now, but I could swizzle half a bottle straight, that taste is so nice. :p

I've been cooking some very slow cooked stuff lately. This weekends effort was an 18 hour slow roasted pork belly.

Seasoned the pork and put it in the oven under foil at 90C at around 11 pm. Got it out at 3:00 pm the next day cooled it, and put it in the fridge between two trays with some weights on top for three hours.

Got it out of the fridge, and seasoned it with salt, white pepper and fennel, and browned the bottom and sides in a hot pan.

Into the oven to warm up, and finished under the grill to crisp the crackling. Served on beans in a Moroccan tomato sauce.

It was not undelicious!

1494159034_slow_cooked_pork_belly.jpg

Looks good Doc but my kids won't let me eat pork belly anymore due to an incident a few years ago.Was at work and ordered Asian style pork belly for lunch,about half way through it I hiccuped while chewing a piece and ended up inhaling a nice big chunk of the fat.Long story short I ended up in an ambulance and raced up to the hospital.Was told by the doctor that "you don't know how lucky you are to still be here"I was breathing through a very small gap in my throat,couldn't even swallow saliva.After several hours of relaxant drugs it refused to move so I ended up in surgery to have it forced through the throat into the stomach.Scary.

Good on you Mick!

You might be surprised that I quite like tofu, but usually cook it Chinese style with meat - Ma Po Dofu, etc, except when I make salt and pepper tofu.

Just don't tell the vegetarians that I put lard in with my mild olive oil in the fryer!

Mickkat12 said:
DrDuck said:
Damn, that was a close call!

You should open a crematorium dr duck !
Now that was a good call :lol:

Mickkat12 said:
madtuna said:
Mickkat12 said:
madtuna said:
Mickkat12 said:
Vegan take on spaghetti
Tofu wraps with garlic sauce

GO VEGAN

I do almost identical wraps but with shavings of either camel or horse seasoned with Vegetta.....mouth watering! :p

Sounds like your high rolling with them animals entering you gastrointestinal system .

yep...If we were meant to eat Tofu god would have made it out of meat :D

Yeah and then God turned us into blood lusting, flesh eating , body harvesting zombies to Aquire the same proteins we can get from beans and other plant based sources . Go figure . https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6111/1494215642_image.jpg

And I thank him for it. Nothing like sitting down to a nice meal of spit roasted flesh.

Please excuse me for a minute, I have to go take the meat out of the oven :Y:

Latest posts