Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plays across the front of the tongue, mild heat with a slight linger that dissipates fairly quickly, cant find any tastes that match ,... a very small component also matches with a tiny aspect of bbq sauce, but only the faintest bit ,... I think it is a blend of seasonings, definitely :D a taste of its own though, I think that's what we found to be an attracting factor, was that it gave a distinctly different taste to that which we were used to in our cooking, and it renewed the appeal of certain dishes that we were eating less of over time. :D
Hard to describe a taste that is definitely different to the average. ;)

silver said:
Got home a bit late for breakfast but too early for lunch at 11am this morning.
This is how Mrs Silver looks after me. :p ;)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1953/1465712821_sam_8231.jpg
That's a glass of icy cold OJ up the top. :D
I do so love that girl. :p
1465712821_sam_8231.jpg

Perfect meal for anytime of the day.

Cooked another pork belly on the Komado with some vegetables.

Added some apple cider vinegar, olive oil and half a can of beer to the tray.

1466929657_pbel1.jpg

It was only a 750 gram belly.

Applied a dry rub to it and sat it on the veges at 120 deg C for around 6 1/2 hours.

1466929570_pbel2.jpg

Around this time I took the pork off the veges and placed it directly on the grill, basting it with a honey glaze every 20 mins or so (not sure on exact timing as beer and rum had been consumed during the cook) :D

1466927830_pbel3.jpg

After another hour I foil/towel wrapped the meat and let it rest in a pre-warmed esky for an hour or 2??? :lol: and opened the vents on the Komado to reach a temp of around 190 Deg C to brown the veges and voila!!

1466927219_pbel5.jpg

1466926705_pbel6.jpg

Turned out to be a mighty fine feast on a cold Winters night :p

Cheers,

Billy.

Shouldn't that read..."beer and rum had been consumed BY the cook" instead of 'during the cook" Billy? :lol: :lol:
It looks bloody yummy but i'm not sure i could wait a whole day before getting stuck into that feast :)

SCROUNGER said:
Shouldn't that read..."beer and rum had been consumed BY the cook" instead of 'during the cook" Billy? :lol: :lol:
It looks bloody yummy but i'm not sure i could wait a whole day before getting stuck into that feast :)

Ha ha yep I reckon you are right Scrounge :D

It took some restraint to wait that long but it was well worth it, the meat melted in the mouth like butter and the veges were pretty damn good too :p

Cheers,

Billy.

Quite self explanatory. Decided to cook some steaks in the pizza oven over hot coals over the weekend.
Steaks seasoned with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Placed onto a wire cake rack and straight onto the hot coals. After charring the outsides and flipping them over, I removed the coals from underneath and continued cooking.
Served with a bunch of seasoned rocket from the garden. I love my pizza oven!!

1467015351_rsz_img_5584.jpg

1467015375_rsz_1img_5591.jpg

1467015405_rsz_img_5593.jpg

Latest posts