Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't posted here for a little while, but this is worth sharing.

Cooked a 700g rib eye using the reverse sear method, for me and Jannine. Basically, season and cook for about an hour in the oven at 120C, or until internal temperature is around 35C. Rest then sear in a really hot pan for about 1 or two minutes per side. This results in a really tender and delicious steak. There is plenty of info about the method via Google.

I sliced the steak and put it on a reduction sauce of pinot noir, French shallots, thyme, stock and cognac, Seasoned with the remainders of last season's truffle vodka (long term readers will know that I am lucky enough to have a friend who runs a truffle farm) and finished with a little cream and butter. Had seasoned sweet potato chips and a simple green salad on the side.

I'd really recommend that steak lovers investigate this method, the result is outstanding.

1460196992_reverse_sear.jpg

Look at that lovely grain, that looks so nice Dr ,... got my mouth watering now ! :p 8) :D

Interesting way to cook a steak Dr Duck.It's a bIt rare looking for me but I
must give it a go one day,bit of Diane sauce,mmmm.You should go on Masterchef,you certainly love your food.BTW I think I seen you in Woollies this afternoon.

Yeah Goulburn Woollies mate.We tend to shop more at Coles,but just happened to be up that end of town.

Had a lovely relaxed weekend with Marg. Sitting out the back talking about dinner, (leg of lamb).
We have some figs that are a bit past their best and we were discussing how to use them. I have never done a Tart Tartin before so decided to whip up a Fig and walnut tart Tartin with a touch of honey. A nice but indulgent Sunday afternoon tea. :D

1460270196_20160410_160207-800x450.jpg

1460270219_20160410_161055-800x450.jpg

1460270241_2016-04-10_16.33.01.jpg

Top job on the Spa Cake Mrs C ! :p :cool:
Mrs S recons it looks like a fun cake ! :D

Tasted delish too, I coulda just ate a plate fulla zucchini I recon, it was that good, cooked in butter in the frypan with a lid over it the whole time, added the rest after.
I am soo full. :p

Latest posts