Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrDuck said:
Thanks, HL

I do have a great butcher, who raises his own beef (square meaters - Murray Grey). However, I dry aged the meat myself in a dry age bags, kind of like a vacuum bag, but permeable so that the moisture can escape but the bacteria can't get in.

I just salted and seared the steaks in a really hot pan and served them up with a red wine and stock reduction sauce. When the steak is really good there is no need to get too complicated about cooking it. I've decided I need to get a charcoal grill that can be run really hot, though.

Because I had 6 people for dinner and had a 4 course dinner with cheese I was a bit busy and forgot to take pics. Too many beers and too much wine was consumed, too.

We had salt and pepper tiger prawns, an Alaskan King Crab thai salad, the steak, a Greek ricotta cake and a big cheese board. Also a couple of home made sourdough loaves.

I think the tally was 9 stubbies and two long necks, three bottles of champagne, two bottles of white and 4 bottles of red. My wife was on the wagon after a big end of term do on the Friday (she is a teacher), so it wasn't a bad effort for the 5 of us. Took me back to the 70's!

It was our end of lockdown dinner with some friends, as there has only been a few cases of the dreaded virus in Goulburn and none for some time.

Awesome. Sounds like a great feast.
As for the dry age bags I've been meaning to give them a try myself for a while now but have never got around to it yet.

https://www.smokedandcured.com.au/product/banquet-bags-dry-aged-steak-large/

Maybe one day.

Not long ago finished up making a pot of chicken and veg soup.
Put the whole chook on early this morning to make the stock.
Good winter food.
1594445012_resized_20200711_1515241.jpg

KFC is absolute :poop: but honestly hard to find a better feed the morning after a hard night :drooling: or when your bobb'n around in a boat the 20 piece family pack is a hands down winner. Kept me alive in my 20's a few times choose not to buy it these days same as all the other :poop:

Wouldn't doubt it for a minute Jaros, the wholesaler who supplies Coles in Victoria (Somerville Meats) has big problems due to staff testing + :( Coles have put out statements informing people they might run out of some cut's. Given the difficulties of every day life as far as everyone goes I'm sure livestock logistics are in the same boat as all of us.

Latest posts