Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RM Outback said:
Looking forward to seeing the Bacon John :drooling: Didn't take a photo but young Charlie and I had marinated pork spare ribs with veg :drooling: :perfect: :beer:

I'll put some pics up when done mate. ohhh....can't wait. Been a long time.
Looking for some decent sized legs as well so I can make some ham.

3 kg of salt cured black olives.
Took them of last night after about 25 days of curing. I know. Not very exciting for some but I love my olives.

1592978230_20200623_202657.jpg

casper said:
Hard Luck said:

off topic but I'm curious - In the pics I can't see the blue flame from the gas burner or the burner itself - do you have something installed between the top grate and the burner?

Hi Casper. No , it's just the grill. I'd probably turned the fire off when I took the pic.
But on the left I have the breakfast plate which I cook on as well as the grill is gone and needs replacing.

Plate is good for toasted sandwiches etc, that's why I love taking it camping. It is very versatile.

1594067033_20200705_200509.jpg

Thanks, HL

I do have a great butcher, who raises his own beef (square meaters - Murray Grey). However, I dry aged the meat myself in a dry age bags, kind of like a vacuum bag, but permeable so that the moisture can escape but the bacteria can't get in.

I just salted and seared the steaks in a really hot pan and served them up with a red wine and stock reduction sauce. When the steak is really good there is no need to get too complicated about cooking it. I've decided I need to get a charcoal grill that can be run really hot, though.

Because I had 6 people for dinner and had a 4 course dinner with cheese I was a bit busy and forgot to take pics. Too many beers and too much wine was consumed, too.

We had salt and pepper tiger prawns, an Alaskan King Crab thai salad, the steak, a Greek ricotta cake and a big cheese board. Also a couple of home made sourdough loaves.

I think the tally was 9 stubbies and two long necks, three bottles of champagne, two bottles of white and 4 bottles of red. My wife was on the wagon after a big end of term do on the Friday (she is a teacher), so it wasn't a bad effort for the 5 of us. Took me back to the 70's!

It was our end of lockdown dinner with some friends, as there has only been a few cases of the dreaded virus in Goulburn and none for some time.

Latest posts