Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka said:
Hey 20X, edumacate me mate, how do you turn that charcoal cooker up, do you have an air vent or something?
I ask because I have been fascinated by what you blokes cook over the years.
Mackka

Yes on charcoal cookers you control the temp by the amount of charcoal you use plus opening or closing the top and bottom vents. Like a throttle, more air means burning more fuel = hotter temps. For a standard roast you just use x amount of charcoal. For longer cooks you can add more as you go. For really long cooks in a Weber kettle we use the snake method. See pic. You can cook for 15 hours plus.

Some cookers have auto control valves and there are a few add on products that do the same.

1561373632_snakemethod3.jpg

Home alone.

I went to see my second daughter in Sydney the other day and checked out a couple of good butchers.

1561461975_fb_img_1561458808528.jpg

1561461995_fb_img_1561458797064.jpg

I bought a 56 day dry aged TBone, reverse seared it, basted with garlic and thyme butter.

Onion rings - a dollop of sourdough starter is really good in beer batter, and a good drop of red. No green to be seen.

Steak was sensational.

1561462172_fb_img_1561458756331.jpg

Flowerpot said:
Droooooolllll x20 (see what I did there? :playful: )
That looks delicious, yummmmmm.
Lol..I've always used a home made chicken stock I make from chicken frames about 50/50 stock/sour or coconut cream, thought I would do a cream only version.
With the rice it gave the texture of cream rice, ultra smooth.
Highly recommend ?

Apricot chicken with creamy mashed spuds and steamed veges. I entered the Apricot chicken in a 5 ingredient challenge in a Fakebook group.
Ingredients... Chicken thigh fillets 1 kg, 1 onion, 2 cups of apricot nectar or 1 large can of apricots in syrup, 1 packet of french onion soup. Corn flour to thicken. Place all but the corn flour into a slow cooker. Cook 6 hours on low. Make a slurry of cornflour and water. Add it in the last half hour.

1561720728_apricot_chicken_2.jpg

I like the look and sound of that one Ramjet. I'm supposed to stay away from Gluten, so anything with corn/cornflour in it is a winner for me :perfect:

Latest posts