Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I cooked butterfly chicken, a 2.5kg bird delivered perfectly cooked from the Weber Q in just 1 hour - yum!

1559389368_screen_shot_2019-06-01_at_9.23.52_pm.jpg

1559389404_screen_shot_2019-06-01_at_9.24.33_pm.jpg

Removed the skin from a pork but left the fat.Added a few score marks then on with
Orange marmalade ..brown sugar ...soy sauce ...mustard and Garlic basting every hour .It's been grilling over the coals for 6 hours and it's looking ready to gourge..Better put the hasselback spuds in the air fryer soon and wack on some greens. :Y:
1559455586_20190602_155534-1024x2107.jpg

I haven't had meatloaf in decades and the weather is getting colder here so I looked up a recipe, cooked it up with a side of mash spuds, peas n corn.
It was f'n delicious

I didn't take a photo but I assure you it did happen

Here is the recipe if anyone wants to give it a try

Ingredients
500 g sausage (remove the casing)
500 g beef mince
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 egg
2 tsp curry powder
2 onion
1/2 a carrot grated
1/2 a zucchini grated

SAUCE
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 tsp white vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
25 g butter

Method
Combine all loaf ingredients and mix well.
Put into an ovenproof dish with enough room for basting.
Shape into a loaf and bake at 180C for 30-45 minutes.
While loaf is baking, place sauce ingredients in a pan, bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
Pour over loaf and bake for a further 45 minutes, basting frequently

goody2shoes said:
How did you make that RJ

Goody :)

Hi Goody. This is a rough recipe. I don't measure much. Just add this n that. Unless I am baking which requires more precise measurements.

Add or omit ant ingredients to your taste. EG. some may want less red curry paste if they don't like the heat.

Thai Pumpkin Soup.

INGREDIENTS
800g butternut pumpkin, seeded, peeled, coarsely chopped. (rough guide, I didn't weigh it.)
800g Kent pumpkin, seeded, peeled, coarsely chopped. (rough guide, I didn't weigh it.)
2 carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
2 brown onions, thinly sliced.
3 garlic cloves, crushed.
2 tablespoons red curry paste
1 large, red chilli. ( I added this as I like the heat.)
1 cup chicken stock. (Powdered stock and water is an option.)
400ml can coconut cream. (Coconut milk if you are after a more healthy option).
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Zest from 1 lime.
Juice from 1 lime.
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1/3 cup (80ml) coconut cream.

METHOD
Step 1 (You don't have to do these first steps but caramelising the pumpkin and onions adds a depth of flavour.) Place the pumpkin in a baking dish and roast until you get caramalisation. Brown off the onions and garlic in a fry pan.

Step 2 Place the combined pumpkin, carrot, onion, curry paste, stock and coconut milk in a slow cooker. Cover and cook for 2 hours on high (or 4 hours on low) or until the pumpkin is tender and mixture thickens slightly. Set aside to cool slightly. NOTE. The pumpkin is already soft from roasting. If you don not roast it, add a couple of hours to the cooking time.

Step 3 Use a stick blender to carefully blend pumpkin mixture until smooth. Stir in sugar, lime juice, lime zest and fish sauce. Season.

Step 4 Ladle the soup evenly among serving bowls. Drizzle with coconut cream. Season.

NOTE. We like ours pretty thick. If you want a thinner soup add another 1/2 to 1 cup of stock or water. :perfect:

Of coarse you can do all this in a big pot on the stove.

Latest posts