Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spun up a chook this arvo and it turned out pretty good.
A bit of roasted corn and some potato bake to go with it.
Always fun tending to a cooking fire :fire: :p

1556364401_ecfa3bfd-ba02-483f-812a-a079f6de6fec.jpg

1556364402_9f9b55a8-c764-48fb-b53a-989ee6a98f2e.jpg

1556364402_b771b4a6-2d11-4277-858d-44def984431d.jpg

:drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

Chef's in the kitchen
1556438855_screenshot_2019-04-28-18-06-04.jpg

entire stoves stopped working.... must be a fuse for that to happen. :mad:
Anyway only time for an upside down wipe on the grass for the lecky hotplate.... was gunna throw it... but lucky that never happened yet lol.
Wouldn't take it inside :eek:
filthyest lookin thing ever lol. :awful:
thats a boneless chook oven cookin in the big pot n veggies steamin in the other.
at least the foods clean :Y:

Was nice too Mackka... no photo, I forgot in my hurried hunger of frantic famine... meat just fell appart, boiled spud in its jacket with garlic aioli and liberal chilli powder on top, with steamed corn and cauliflower too :drooling:
not too much, but just enough to satisfy :p

Silver, I am so pleased that that you were able to fill your tummy just enough to sustain life, for a small army.
I had similar although cooked in an oven, chook, baked potatoes including sweet, beans, cauliflower in cheese sauce and roast pumpkin.
My go would not approve. Not the food just the amount of red to wash it down :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep up the good work mate.
Mackka

silver said:
Chef's in the kitchen
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1556438855_screenshot_2019-04-28-18-06-04.jpg
Anyway only time for an upside down wipe on the grass for the lecky hotplate.... was gunna throw it... but lucky that never happened yet lol.
thats a boneless chook oven cookin in the big pot n veggies steamin in the other.
fine work , bit of elbow grease an the cook top's a keeper :Y:
are the work horses cedar ? they look old enough to be :cool:

ctxkid said:
silver said:
Chef's in the kitchen
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1556438855_screenshot_2019-04-28-18-06-04.jpg
Well I'm not sure kid... got them 30 odd years ago at a garage sale, and they were as old as the hills back then.
I was gunna use them as a template to make new ones up.... but never got around to it yet lol :D

Thanks DD. It was delicious, but ironically as a diabetic I eat a low carb diet, so don't eat much bread.

Still, this kind of sourdough, which takes 48 hours or so to make, is much better for me than commercial breads.

In any case, it's better to eat a small amount of high quality bread than a whole lot of crap.

silver said:
ctxkid said:
silver said:
Chef's in the kitchen
Well I'm not sure kid... got them 30 odd years ago at a garage sale, and they were as old as the hills back then.
I was gunna use them as a template to make new ones up.... but never got around to it yet lol :D

the fella that invented the original workhorse lived across the road from where i grew up , his name was Bob Wood