Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1527757388_oli.jpg

Stuffed some olives today.

Mate that is spot on. In some states it is actually designated as a weed and destroyed.
As an ex woodturner I loved it and never had moths in the house or a cold. It was just the most beautiful timber to turn only exceeded by Huon Pine (just my opinion).
Mackka ;) :Y: :Y: :Y:

Mackka said:
Mate that is spot on. In some states it is actually designated as a weed and destroyed.
As an ex woodturner I loved it and never had moths in the house or a cold. It was just the most beautiful timber to turn only exceeded by Huon Pine (just my opinion).
Mackka ;) :Y: :Y: :Y:
I agree its beautiful to turn still have a few logs when i get back into wood turning

Mackka, would have to agree, loved to turn camphor laurel, second for me was Blackwood, I like timbers with colourful graining.
Did you turn as a professional or hobbyist? What lathe?
Cheers
Manpa

Nice trees, but damn invasive root systems. The bloke next door to me has one and I have giant roots through my back yard. I used to love turning it as well, I had people ask me for the shavings from the lathe. Declared noxious pest in NSW.

Hey Manpa, hobbyist only mate. It was a Teknatool Nova 8 speed with outrigger head and 1400ml bed on a steel framed bench. I loved it but as we were selling up and nowhere to store it I ending up selling to the local Men's shed. I sold it complete with 2 wheel bench grinder which was located next to the lathe, full set of 10 tools, SuperNova chuck and many accessories and I through in about $500 worth of turning timbers.
they loved it so much that it has its own special room at the shed. I also gave them the Jet 1HP dust extraction system. I was very glad that it went to a good home and that it gives the boys a lot of enjoyment.
I also loved turning Sassafras, beautiful colours and grain structure.
Cheers
Mackka
Sorry for rambling on in the cooking section.

Mackka said:
Hey Manpa, hobbyist only mate. It was a Teknatool Nova 8 speed with outrigger head and 1400ml bed on a steel framed bench. I loved it but as we were selling up and nowhere to store it I ending up selling to the local Men's shed. I sold it complete with 2 wheel bench grinder which was located next to the lathe, full set of 10 tools, SuperNova chuck and many accessories and I through in about $500 worth of turning timbers.
they loved it so much that it has its own special room at the shed. I also gave them the Jet 1HP dust extraction system. I was very glad that it went to a good home and that it gives the boys a lot of enjoyment.
I also loved turning Sassafras, beautiful colours and grain structure.
Cheers
Mackka
Sorry for rambling on in the cooking section.
Very nice, I was lucky enough to sell Record Power Lathes from the UK for eight years, so I turned on anything from 12" mini lathes to 48" between centres and when I did my trade I had a 48" Woodfast. Nothing now but I still enjoy turning when I get an opportunity.

Mackka said:
Nice machines Woodfast.
Is that the same Record that made vices?
Mackka
Yes it is, I have sold Record products for over 30 years, actually worked for the Uk parent company in Australia for eight years.
They were bought out by American Tool in 1998 and I moved across to them, you may know them as Irwin Tools. I was in the tool wholesaling game from 1982 thru tu 2017 when I retired to spend time with the wife and Irwin was sold to my competitor of 30 plus years (Stanley Tools)

Latest posts