Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metamorphic said:
Goldpick said:
Had a bit of a shopping binge after receiving the proceeds from our house sale. Picked up a double sofa bed, Bosch cordless vacuum, fancy kettle with lots of buttons, cordless headphones for the home theatre, two Noirot panel heaters, and a Samsung Tab S 10.5 to replace my old Note 10.1. Nothing like retail therapy. ;)

Bluetooth phones for the home theatre........me like!

The Tab S is very cool also.

Good work GP

;)

The Mrs didn't like the fact that the subwoofer made the house vibrate, and could be felt at the other end of the house. So wireless headphones were in order to keep the peace. :8

Goldpick said:
The Mrs didn't like the fact that the subwoofer made the house vibrate, and could be felt at the other end of the house. So wireless headphones were in order to keep the peace. :8

Hahaha....I get the same thing at home mate from the boss when watching the footy on Fox.

Might have to invest in a pair of those myself i think, but not sure how to mute my swearing at the umpire?

;)

I have similar issues when I watch what I want to watch.
Love it loud and clear.
Choose wisely and do some research. I did and came up with the Sennheiser RS 170
Absolutely unbelievable and her in doors cannot hear a thing sitting next to me.
They bring a balance I had never heard before between the spoken word and background noise [ within the film]
Can walk up to 15 metres away for a slash and do not miss anything.
Great value. - Don't compromise.
http://www.cnet.com/au/products/sennheiser-rs-170-headphones/

thats why i love this forum, bunch of blokes sharing their experience thanks for the tip on the headsphones fellas i reckon i'm due for a pair myself.

Redfin said:
I have similar issues when I watch what I want to watch.
Love it loud and clear.
Choose wisely and do some research. I did and came up with the Sennheiser RS 170
Absolutely unbelievable and her in doors cannot hear a thing sitting next to me.
They bring a balance I had never heard before between the spoken word and background noise [ within the film]
Can walk up to 15 metres away for a slash and do not miss anything.
Great value. - Don't compromise.
http://www.cnet.com/au/products/sennheiser-rs-170-headphones/

Those headphones will roll off the low end subs reducing clutter and the dialogue (spoken word) will be closer in your ear and much easier to hear, they are built for film/TV. Sennheiser make great products.

A lot of the problem is the way film audio is mixed these days, I always need to adjust the volume while watching the film or just normal TV too, watch an old Dirty Harry or pretty much any older film and there is no adjusting needed, the audio guys mixed them perfectly. These days the audio guys doing film like to think they are being creative and it just doesn't work unless it is done perfectly.

They make the music to loud and drown out the dialogue or the dialog is dull or music masks the dialogue, they put too much low frequency content in for sub woofers to "surpise people".. There are many issues they don't address as in the old days. It's called audio clutter.

I have a mate that does big budget film audio and I regularly have a go at him about it, "oh but we are being creative with it man", he says, I tell him I just want to watch a film without constantly adjusting the audio. It's like they don't know how to get a good balance between everything, they don't care either.

Ive had Sennheiser TR 120 for quite a few years now . I love em ... Awesome full range sound
Im guessing things have only got better since ;)

I bought another high banker to run more volume of water to create more velocity over the riffles and create a more steady laminar effect on top and create low pressure bellow to hopefully catch those bigger nuggs, I need to get some miners moss and I also need to get a petrol pump and some deep V mat so I can turn my other high banker into a clean up sluice for my cons at the end of my adventures, don't get me wrong I love panning, but several hundred pans in a few days is crazy, I'll save panning when I do my sediment loaming

My new HB to the right
1429423257_image.jpg

My old one to the left, going to convert that Into my clean up sluice.

1429423399_image.jpg

Even left the cons from our last trip (my mate never cleaned it out) already starting to pay for itself.

i bought a ladder off ebay and found out the bloke selling it had his hours drastically cut. turns out he's an engineer and so i've bought a yet to be made rock crusher .

Latest posts