Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How was the sluice (highbanker?) I'm currently unbiased as I haven't heard anything. Seemed the price was right. ..

Not a bad sluice for the $$$ GT, gets the job done once you play around with angles, water speed etc

There are better Im sure, but im on a budget.

He lists em 490, I made an offer of 425, he countered at 485 (I thought gee thanks), gave it one last shot with another counter of 445, he came back at 460 so I grabbed it.

Delivery was slooww....Mine to 3 weeks from payment, must build em as orders come in.

Should have driven up to Benalla and picked it up!

Cheers

Pair of Snakeprotex gaiters ....... just a bit of mental reassurance knowing there's heaps about and detecting on my own especially with zero reception in most detecting locations.
They look OK, seems like good strike protection from ankle to knee, not sure about the strip that sits under the boot, have a feeling it may wear quickly will wait and see.
At just over $100 not cheap but what is when it comes to detecting.
Cheers T.

Oh, seems strange they're made in NZ where I've always been told there are no nasty snakes or spiders, or anything dangerous, apart from hot thermal springs water.......

Well last week I bought an Isuzu NPS300 4WD from the Brisbane auction. It's pretty simple to go online and buy but you never know what you're going to get.
I couldn't get away until now to pick it up. It looked fine but as I drove it out of the yard the brake pedal went to the metal. Somebody had chopped off a brake pipe across the rear axle when it was chained down to the transporter. So my first call was to Isuzu for a new brake pipe, some filters and a few minor odds and ends. Now I have brakes and it feels a whole lot better.

The problem with flying in is that you're restricted to how much you can carry. By the time I packed the Garrett along with a couple extra coils, a pick, a tent and sleeping bag and a few extra bits of camping gear i was already over the limit. I ended up at Kmart trying to fill the gaps in my camping gear but still forgot the chair. Then I tried to get from Kmart in Sunnybank across the road to the truck with their trolley. I only made it down the ramp from the rooftop carpark and the wheels locked up. I guess they must have got sick of people knocking off their shopping trolleys. I had to park my loaded shopping trolley and dart across the intersection to where I parked the truck, do a quick lap of the block and then find my way into the shopping center in a vehicle too big to be there.

Next I went to IGA because I didn't want to be trying to get my groceries out of a big shopping center. I'm going to be living on some well processed food while I travel because I didn't bring the fridge. I tried to buy anything that might withstand a week of so without going off. They never had the little 200ml cartons of long life milk so I decided to get that later but I forgot so no milk for now. It really makes the wheatbix crunchy.

Anyway the truck feels good so it might be a new motorhome coming up but I have to get passed Sandra yet... :/

1412956828_slr-adventurer.jpg
Great trucks, very capable off road, seen a few done up as campers.

Today was wifey's b'day so she went out and bought me this fancy bit of kit.
Now I am digging out foundations for a rock wall. Still along way off from finishing the renovation to the house but slowly coming along.

P.S wont be using for any type of prospecting at all...
Brad...

So picked up a second hand xterra 705 today. The guy said that he upgraded the coil to a DD, but didn't have the original coil.

Headind out to a park and beach tomorrow to give it a bit of a swing, anyone know what they are like on gold?

Tom
1413282470_image.jpg

1413282548_image.jpg

Good tecta. plenty of info and advice on this and other forums. GOLD nuggets? it is where you find it.
I haven't seen many posts about a 705 finding it. shallow gold mbe. plenty of other'' gold'' out there.
great fob watch too. HH.

Haha I was just looking at swags this arvo... Picked up some waders for a song whilst out and about. I like the idea of a fold up cot though, off ground, stable, good cross flow ventilation, just need someone to do me a deal... On the pricey side. Too many hard nights on the dirt, I'm getting soft.

HAHA YA BIG GIRL :) Funny I gave away two in the last 6 months i hate em, i hate setting them up and the bars are too thin for my shaulders would rather be on the ground anyday. looking forward to getting away for the vic trip :)

Latest posts