Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well got it with qantas points and bought topo maps for it on fleabay.......been studying how to work it today :D surprised how easy it is to use. will definitely come in handy finding the car after wandering around swingin' ...........

1405049957_10525638_10152556289230489_3362753008753537877_n.jpg

Received my copy of History of gold in oz by J Flett. OMG gold is everywhere in victoria, well seems like it when you look in this book. Will enjoy studying this. peterau

peterau said:
Make that History of gold in Victoria :8 peterau

Take Flett's book, add Brough Smyths 'Goldfields and Mineral Districts of Victoria' (free-online) - get some modern maps and old maps. Put them all together - you will be miles in front of the competition. There are some very minor errors in Fletts book, but it is 10/10 and a MUST HAVE for any serious Victorian prospector. Flett also did a Dunolly book and a Maryborough book. Some of the asking prices are ridiculous so shop around on these two - max $60 for each.

Going against all my instincts, I went out and joined the SA Bogan crew and purchased a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro to take over beach and park duties from my Ace 250 and Garrett Infinium. Although it is now superceded by the Etrac, there are still some Explorers in stock at Minersden in VIC, so I couldn't pass up on their deal of $970, saving of $300 and nearly half the price of the Etrac. Not too shabby considering the Safari is still selling for around $1300. Looking forward to getting it on Tues, reckon I've got some intensive reading to do till then. :)

1405063999_megadealexplorerstar__43207.1401191872.1280.1280.jpg

Nice buy gold pick! It will take some time but I think you will be straight onto it in no time :)
I would be watching YouTube videos on this to see if there are any explaining setting it up before she comes.

Thanks SA Bogan, it has been a long wait to be in a financial position to buy a new detector, at least I have the opportunity to use it for tones only, or take advantage of all the other visual display features once I get my head around it. I did a fair bit of research on a new detector to suit my requirements, but at this price for a new multi frequency detector with an Australian warranty, I just couldn't pass it up.:)

Sherpa Tinsulated fingerless gloves/mittens.

It snowed on the Ben Lomand range last night and I need to walk the high country mountains tomorrow afternoon to get the ingredients for some venison jerky to go with my sapphires hunting while I am in Glen Innes this weekend.

Forgot my hunting gloves so had to do and emergency stop at the sports store. And I only need to expose the trigger finger - fantastic.

1405067786_image.jpg

Sure was Heath. Only managed to dip my hands into the wellingrove dam a couple of times today for a couple of sapphires.

Going to try a new spot this weekend so am happy to take whatever nature is prepared to throw at me.

Have the thaw-our heater cranked up at the moment so all is good. :D

Wally69 said:
Sherpa Tinsulated fingerless gloves/mittens.

It snowed on the Ben Lomand range last night and I need to walk the high country mountains tomorrow afternoon to get the ingredients for some venison jerky to go with my sapphires hunting while I am in Glen Innes this weekend.

Forgot my hunting gloves so had to do and emergency stop at the sports store. And I only need to expose the trigger finger - fantastic.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1405067786_image.jpg

ingredients for some venison jerky.........

laughed my azzoff ;)

Latest posts