This is why you need to look first when around dams and creeks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could change that heading to around dams and creeks, verandahs and your garage ;) Have had two in the last two days, one black and one brown. The brown was on the back verandah and the black I caught disappearing under a work bench as I walked into the garage :eek: Several hours later after moving everything in the garage he was found and re located :Y:

I found a brown snake in my shed today......he was...........snt ...........relocated as well.. ]:D ]:D :p :lol:

i just cant believe how long they can sit underneath like that, i remember at Nagambie when i was a kid the Tiger and browns used to cross from an island to the camp ground while blokes in tinnies and ski boats tried to run over them but they swam across with their heads above water

7.62marksman said:
Smoky bandit said:
I found a brown snake in my shed today......he was...........snt ...........relocated as well.. ]:D ]:D :p :lol:
i take it he now has a nasty headache :8 :8 O:) O:)
I would say, more like the queen of hearts.
"OFF WITH YOUR HEAD"

Last year I had partially cleaned my shed it was overdue temperature was in the mid 30's. Mid way through the clean up I sat down to have a drink and decided to check out what was happening on PA. As I was reading post's related to Snake gaiters I looked up and here's a small brown heading straight for me. I jumped from the chair, this thing had it's mind set on me I'm sure. It had made it 5 metres into the shed and was about 1 metre from me when I saw it. Before I could coax it out it made it to the back corner which I was going to clean after my break, that never happened that day anyway. Never saw it again.

Year's ago my daughter (now 25) and her cousin aged about 12 called to say there's a snake in the shed. When I got there it was a large brown curled up next to a jerry can at the bottom of the stairs. The girls were standing on the 2nd step. When I told them the brown snake can launch itself upto 3metre's and they where only about 1metre away they took off like a bullet up the stairs. It's funny now but shook the girls up a bit at the time, they have always been vigilant since that experience.

Not the first snakes in the shed and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Had a black snake at the front door a few years ago, it managed to get under a door to a storage room next to the front door. Only problem that day was the storage room light was out and the wife had it chocked to the roof :N:. Took me 2 very slow careful hours to clear it and find the snake. At the other end of the storage room is another door leading into the house. From inside the house this door is blocked off and the bottom is sealed with steel wool, prevents the mice coming under the door. My problem was I couldn't remember if the bottom of the internal door was sealed or not and I didn't want to clear everything from inside the house incase the snake ended up in the house so I had to work from one end. Once the snake was located at the rear trying to go under the door to end up in the house. I grabbed the mop bucket and mop, 1/4 filled it with water then added a bag of ice and let the mop get cold. The next thing was to put on some welding gloves and get an old milk bottle. With all the gear ready I placed the mop over the snake and cooled him down to slow his mobility, if your not confident don't try it. Once I'd cooled him down I just grabbed it behind the head and coaxed him into the bottle and put the lid on. Then he was relocated to the bottom paddock to live another day :Y:.

"..try to catch it..' Damn, talk about game, I don't even feel gaiters are enough. Still, I've never seen a snake while out detecting, but a huge black snake crossed my path when I was about 5 years old, it was a foot in front of me and that deadly fear is still memorable.

alNEI4M.png

so far on my list I've seen
plus a heap of pythons
as well as about another 7 not on that list
seen 13 snakes this summer, mostly tigers (9)

The only snakes I've ever seen have been browns and only on the edges of Bendigo..... A few years ago was riding my pushbike home from work through an industrial estate and with only seconds to react I spotted a huge brown sunning across the dirt track.
My instincts kicked in and I swerved to go around the snake.... But swerved too hard lol and almost threw myself onto the snake instead.

I needed a shower when I got home... Brown undies

So I guess they hang around where the food is like mice.... And mice will be where humans are.

Just goes to show that we are living on the edge everyday we wake up in AUSTRALIA. ]:D

1, 2, 4, 9, 11, 21, 22.
Bitten by Small Eastern Brown.
Bought a Lottery Ticket.
Did not win.
At least alive to tell the tale. (No Pun Intended. )

Latest posts