This is a great forum

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1453888038_thumb.jpg

it is a great forum, with a lot of great people, yourself included phoenix.
i like that you can ask a question regardless of how 'silly' it may seem at the time and there is always someone to help and i have asked some silly questions in my short time of being here lol and have meet some great people because of this forum

Have to agree.

This place is a wealth of knowledge.

Being a newbie to detecting, I Haven't met anyone from the forum yet. But im thoroughly looking forward to attending some members meet ups to
put some faces to names.

I reckon its an awesome place. I've been watching this topic but not said anything as I might be that guy who makes the 100 to 1 posts. :8 :D ;) :p

There really is a lot of information here and very helpful, knowledgeable people willing to help the newer members. I have also met some wonderful people and had a great time at forum camps as well as some great local people... and Rocket. ;)

Yeh mate Northside brisi to sunshine coast maybe beerwah not sure yet but may -june well be ip there mate. Well catch up for sure.

I love this forum also..... people can express there views on any subject that pops up.
yes of course there will be 2 sides to everything but it never gets heated.
A lot of respect in this forum, how it should be.
Speaking of qlders, being a qld supporter I am very disappointed in Pearce,s actions as NSW had no hope of winning whilever he was in the side ;-)

It's almost 12 months since I stumbled into a new hobby after panning and finding some specks of gold at Victoria's Sovereign Hill (a fantastic history based tourist attraction...along with the Ballarat Gold museum- both highly recommended).

Since this time last year my newfound interest has grown dramatically , thanks to this forum and it's members.

As a local to the Gympie area of Qld, I have met through this forum, three top blokes who have advised and helped me greatly over the last 12 months...Cess, Yobskin and Tribsa 56.

These blokes have spent a bit of their time showing me the lowdown on the creek, how to set up and use gear and things to avoid. On top of that they have been great company and provided some good laughs...and a few cross words. Through these blokes and their help I have expanded my interest in fossicking and they have given me some confidence for me to even help out some other newbies to this hobby.

In addition to these guys I have met some other members of this forum and virtual/real locals like Jason, Paul, Ivor, Brett and Smokey and several others and I've again had much fun and learning talking with and digging with these guys as well as detecting with one of them. So this forum has opened up a new world of people for me.

This PA Forum has also provided a wealth of new learning for me and advice from others that comes from the hundreds of years of experience collectively held by PA members. Almost every question that you can ask in these pages will have other members who try and answer with helpful or just funny advice. I've done a bucket load of posts but as well I have spent hundreds of hours reading with interests what others have offered.

This week too another member, 3DDevil helped me out by sending me some gear at his expense (item and postage) and we have never even met. His view was ' we miners need to stick together'- what a top bloke- thanks Bill !!

It's been a great first 12 months for me...gone from knowing nothing to owning and using pans and sluices, a recently acquired banker, a Minelab SDC with wireless kit from Nenad.

In addition to that I have learned much from members...made some new friends....have visited many new places..have renewed my interest in Australian history and spent a bucket load of $ chasing a new hobby.

So as I reach my first anniversary, thank you to other members (and admins) , whose contributions and efforts help breath life into this hobby.

regards
Mike B

Great post MikeB05,I to have had 2 members send me things and these guys have never met me.The information supplied by the seasoned prospectors of this forum have also helped me to grow as a prospector,build my own banker and know where to look for the golden stuff.Mind you it has become somewhat of an obsession.lol.Thank you to everyone from me as well.

This is one of the main reason's why we Admin work
in the background to keep the forum from being dragged down
by the ever increasing crap that goes on in other places.
To protect our valued members and also for us to get a real
kick from real people enjoying themselves.
Thanks MikeB05.
Lets make it a good one. :Y: :Y:

Well all I can say is that MOST forums are alike. We love our hobbies and we love to help newbies. Maybe it makes us feel good, I don't know, but that is what forums are all about IMHO. I don't post too often on here, but when I do, the responses are polite and they are helpful. Even when you have a different opinion, I find that forum members will listen, and even offer there own view on the topic.

I'm only a member of three forums these days but two of them are fabulous. They are this forum, and Coopers Home Brew Forum. The blokes from Coopers are bloody marvelous. So no matter what your interest, when you find a forum that fits your interests, join in and offer what you can. You mightn't think it's much, but other members might just reckon your opinion is just terrific.

Cheers
Bill

Latest posts