thinking of selling ctx3030 for a deus xp

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hey guys now before i start this topic dont get me wrong i love my ctx3030 its served me well the last few months and ive found plenty of coins and stuff .

but in the back of my mind i always have this feeling that maybe the deus might be a better detector .everytime i go out to detect with the ctx3030 its just so heavy that my arm is killing me and i cant seem to detect for more than 2 hrs tops without feeling like ive ran a marathon .

i know there is alot of pluses to both machines .

1. deus can apparently be swung very fast and still pick up objects .people tell me you have to swing the ctx3030 slowly but i swing it very fast and am still picking up coins left right and centre .so im not sure how true this is .

2.i love the id system on the ctx3030 its very accurate i used to have a xterra 705 and i ended up selling it because i was picking up bottle caps left right and centre which made me hate metal detecting .with the ctx3030 i never pick up bottle caps at all always dead on mark with $1 and 2$ coins .thats one thing i like about the ctx its so accurate with its ids .

3.the deus is apparently very light and can clear grounds very fast because it is apparently the fastest detector out on the market .

so i guess what im trying to get to is the reason i wanna sell my ctx is because the weight but im afraid if i do sell it i dont want to lose accuracy in the id panel .like does anyone on here know how accurate the id panel is on the deus compared to the ctx and maybe highlight the pros and cons of the deus xp .

i must add ive had the detector for about 3months and havent spent many hrs on it because im so busy with work .im not on here to advertise that im selling a metal detector but if i was to decide to to get the deus xp .do you guys think $2300 would be a fair price for a hardly used ctx3030 ?.

anyway i know there is alot of experienced people on here and id love to get some advice .cause atm i do love the ctx with its accuracy but the weight factor and having to wear a harness all the time is kinda annoying and also with the swing speed i like to search fast .in and out and done and even tho i swing very fast on the ctx i wonder weather i do miss things with it .today i searched a small oval and found $11 in less than 2 hrs so i dont know if that is good in metal detecting terms for a noobie to the hobby or not ?.anyway thx

The xp deus is awesome.

Won't sell mine and the recovery speed is very fast.

hey wolf do you think it does ok on beaches and parks in australia cause someone was telling me it wasnt that good in australian conditions but that was 2 yrs ago so im not sure what the new software does for the machine .

Sandta said:
Gday Wolf , been a while...
Hey there Thaitran.... Is your name Mike ,by any chance?

Think he's the old mike9010 or whatever it was...

Watch technician...

Had a few posts deleted when nugget was running the forum, possibly banned his old username?
Went all keyboard warrior on me one time. :lol:

thaitran said:
hey wolf do you think it does ok on beaches and parks in australia cause someone was telling me it wasnt that good in australian conditions but that was 2 yrs ago so im not sure what the new software does for the machine .

Have not tested down the beach because i have had
No vehicle.

Its brilliant for park hunting. Its super light and very
Fast and will sniff the goodies out that sit along iron
Due to the reactivity setting.

I am looking forward to taking it ghost town hunting.
This is where the XP will shine.

Yet to fully test it in the goldfield though.

Have 2 different wireless headphones i will be
Testing.

One thing I do want to explain is the technology being used on the XP.

I have read the statement "someone was telling me it wasnt that good in australian conditions"
far too many times and those making the claims need to really explain themselves. What
conditions are we talking about here?

The XP is a single frequency detector. The single frequency technology used is similiar I think
and I am happy to be corrected if I am not right to what is currently being sold by other detector
manufacturers today. I can mention 6 popular detectors today being used in Australia that are
popular and run on single frequency.

So my qustion is simple. If these other single frequency brands work for the purpose they were
designed for eg coin shooting why would'nt the XP?

Every machine has its plus and minuses. The XP has a few cool features as well like being
able to choose which frequency you want to hunt in so it pings harder on the designated target
your looking for.

You do what you need to do. The machine you currently own is a good one.

The XP is different and works well as well and has accessories you can use to use in the water.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-X-TrCITdM[/video]

Reeks said:
Sandta said:
Gday Wolf , been a while...
Hey there Thaitran.... Is your name Mike ,by any chance?

Think he's the old mike9010 or whatever it was...

Watch technician...

Had a few posts deleted when nugget was running the forum, possibly banned his old username?
Went all keyboard warrior on me one time. :lol:

1. ive never been banned from this site
2. how could anyone go all keyboard warrior over metal detecting that dosnt make sense.
3. do you realise how popular a watch technician is as a job .you make alot of money to work on big dollar watches .anyone would be stupid not to work as one .only reason i quit is cause i got a better job .
4.dont know why you are being mean but i guess some people get off on that .
5.im 43 so i kinda stopped worrying what people think a long time ago :).

Wolfau said:
One thing I do want to explain is the technology being used on the XP.

I have read the statement "someone was telling me it wasnt that good in australian conditions"
far too many times and those making the claims need to really explain themselves. What
conditions are we talking about here?

The XP is a single frequency detector. The single frequency technology used is similiar I think
and I am happy to be corrected if I am not right to what is currently being sold by other detector
manufacturers today. I can mention 6 popular detectors today being used in Australia that are
popular and run on single frequency.

So my qustion is simple. If these other single frequency brands work for the purpose they were
designed for eg coin shooting why would'nt the XP?

Every machine has its plus and minuses. The XP has a few cool features as well like being
able to choose which frequency you want to hunt in so it pings harder on the designated target
your looking for.

You do what you need to do. The machine you currently own is a good one.

The XP is different and works well as well and has accessories you can use to use in the water.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-X-TrCITdM[/video]

thx for the advice wolf im thinking of actually just keeping the ctx3030 and buying a deus to compliment it .have you found many good things with your deus ?.

Yes I have the regular amounts of coins, buckles and odd pieces of Jewellery.

Have been without a vehicle for a while now and waiting for the rain to dampen the ground.

The XP will shine in an old ghost town. Its brilliant in iron trash areas close to the goodies
and I am absulutely convinced of that. The reactivity setting is awesome.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with it.

well i am sorry retirement that you feel this way but this mike you speak of is certainly not me .im vietnamese so i admit my keyboard skills have alot to be desired .i was never that good at spelling because in my country we were very poor so i had to come to australia and learn everything all over again.i really wish there wasnt so much hateful people on online sites but i guess i cant avoid them all .i will continue to speak to people who show good heart and who are nice by nature and i guess the people who want to be nasty i will just have to avoid contact .as a matter of fact there is heaps of watch technicians out there like i said it is a very good business .have a nice day .

Wolfau said:
Yes I have the regular amounts of coins, buckles and odd pieces of Jewellery.

Have been without a vehicle for a while now and waiting for the rain to dampen the ground.

The XP will shine in an old ghost town. Its brilliant in iron trash areas close to the goodies
and I am absulutely convinced of that. The reactivity setting is awesome.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with it.

thx wolf for the advice .definatly thinking of grabbing a deus :).

Jaros
Is it just me or are 50% of the threads these day going south real quick?

Hi Guys XP Dues great detecter CTX 30 30 great detecte have a good day

I don't see a problem with thaitran taking as long as he wants to make up his mind. That sounded a little threatening there, Jaros mate. All there was here was a misunderstanding. It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts