The Weekend Prospector TV series (Original - Tommy)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know off a few people just getting into detecting and they have watched the show and I have had to point them in right direction about how its really done so the show is not good for any one new and it a dull comedy for thoes who know better
Roy

A friend of mine has been watching that TV show...

Now he wants to get a detector and drive 6 hours from here to pick up gold chains, coins, and gold rings,

He thinks it is a walk in the park...or beach,

Had to sit him down and have a long talk to him,

Goody :)

goody2shoes said:
A friend of mine has been watching that TV show...

Now he wants to get a detector and drive 6 hours from here to pick up gold chains, coins, and gold rings,

He thinks it is a walk in the park...or beach,

Had to sit him down and have a long talk to him,

Goody :)

Yes well perhaps that's what the sponsor/s (minelab?) told them to do.

Maybe XIV's diverse plan incorporating panning, sluicing etc for the show didn't involve enough future sales, so they went with the easy pickings detector theme that would suck in the dummies.
Thus ensuring more beeping stick sales.

Like the old saying goes, a fool and his money are easily parted.

Bjay said:
On the up side there could be a few detectors going cheap in the near future from folks whove seen how easy it is . Myself I got about ten minutes in then went looking for a rusty fork.
Was that to poke yourself in the with Bjay? Probably would have been more fun than watching that :poop:

I feel sorry for Kane. He spoke to me about this a long time ago and his ideas for the show were great. He is a good communicator and would have presented in a way that was informative and honest. Not the dribble that comes out of this blokes mouth. I get pi:;ed thinking of people from other countries watching this and thinking all Aussies are wankers like Tommy the tool. Did that sound like a rant? :eek:

Got a darn good memory for things that interest me or improve my knowledge base. Saw the first episode but cant for the life of me remember what it was called. Can someone please remind me what day of the week it is broadcast and while you are at it, the time. On second thoughts..... dont bother, Id probably forget.

Northeast said:
MinersDenAustralia - I know this is not great feedback but you are conspicuous in your absence???

Do yourselves a favour Miner's Den Australia ditch the Clown and contact Kane (Original concept with knowledge) to restructure moving forward :Y:. Support the guys who support you and know a thing or two.

Cant really call it The Weekend Prospector if its all about dirt fishing, its a shame Kane didnt get pole position.

Could have been a good show, I reckon Chris Vogus has higher production standards on his channel and his content is far more educational and diverse.

Even with only seeing three episodes of this show I can see the pattern of where its going, god forbid if 26 episodes were given the green light. 13 in the sand/parks miraculously turning up gold rings and chains hand over fist, chuck in a few sovereigns for good measure. 13 in the GT or out west tripping over nuggets that look suspiciously similar.

No doubt the gold buyer will be up for the gold Logie, can probably make a full episode out of how to smelt it. :goldnugget: :goldpan:

I feel sorry for Kane who by all accounts had a great idea that was basically stolen from him to produce a show that is totally :poop: . I think maybe there trying to appeal to the o/s audience, if so please dont paint us aussies in that light, that was done years ago. Gotta agree AussieChris, Vogus could wipe the floor with these clowns when it comes to making a good informative vid.

but if that is how minilab is trying to sell their machines with tools like that maybe it might be time to look at other brands and think about jumping ship ?

savage bitter said:
but if that is how minilab is trying to sell their machines with tools like that maybe it might be time to look at other brands and think about jumping ship ?

Honestly it pains me to read that Minelab are sponsors. As for jumping ship nah not worth it. But we can all send Minelab a few emails to voice our distaste in their sponsorship given the premiums they charge.

RM Outback said:
savage bitter said:

Honestly it pains me to read that Minelab are sponsors. As for jumping ship nah not worth it. But we can all send Minelab a few emails to voice our distaste in their sponsorship given the premiums they charge.
that would be the best way I have bought only their products right from the early days and to see them sponsor a salted rigged show with a nob head like that doesn't really sit to well with me