The phases of gold prospecting...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madtuna said:
Graybeard said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../11193/1509625391_20170518_004638_pittong.jpg

Hi wolf, I like your comment. I thought I'd show you my 10 gram nugget to let you know there is gold still out there and not to get discouraged. But remember, once it's dug out of the ground it's gone forever. I'll try and get you a picture of a nugget that even took my breath away. One of my friends dug it up at Avoca using a large excavator at a depth of 6 metres or so. I reckon it would weigh about 20 kg.... YES 20kg !!!. He's a bit hesitant at letting me get a picture of it though. I'll try to get the pic and post it. Makes my nugget look tiny.

Just curious, is that a natural nugget or melted fines?

Because honestly it has all the characteristics of melted gold, maybe you dug up some poor buggers lost melt button?

A 20kg nugget? Well I must say my gaster is absolutely flabbered! :D

A nugget that size would have to be up there in the list of largest known nuggets found this century in Australia. I doubt your friend will allow you a photo as obviously he's keeping mum about his outstanding find.
News of anything of significance usually spreads like wild fire and so far you seem to be the only one who knows of it bar your lucky friend. Tell him congrats from all of us here at PA :Y:

p.s. sorry for the addition, it wouldn't let me edit my original post

1510467915_74decd2d-3e1b-4cf8-8ecc-2ab553101e65.jpg
heres one I prepared earlier ;)

Just a bit of fun.melted down some fines from the old mans panning days just to see if it would work out. :Y:

Latest posts