The Forum's Oldest Coin. Round 1.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
5C7D7C03-71F7-49F6-BA1B-BE4C97A6CDCC_zpsbsytzfyg.jpg

1939 rare halfpenny skippy roo type coin.
1418100516_sam_5100.jpg

Whew, didn't think that I would get the 38 in ;) Found this many years back on a mullock heap near Gulgong using the old Lobo.

crikey you boys are quick, had them all lined up and missed everyone of them - don't have 37

That's because they either didn't make them(1937) or only patterns exist for everything from 1/2 penny up to florin and all coins in between,...only the Australian 1937 crown(silver five shilling coin) will save us from being hung up,....or a foreign coin found here in Australia with a detector.

silver said:
That's because they either didn't make them(1937) or only patterns exist for everything from 1/2 penny up to florin and all coins in between,...only the Australian 1937 crown(silver five shilling coin) will save us from being hung up,....or a foreign coin found here in Australia with a detector.

Right, got one but it's at home, I did post 37 find but can't find the thing

I found all my coins with sd2000 around old churches and pubs, wish I had a detector for relics then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts