The Forum's Oldest Coin. Round 1.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1418118592_img_0677.png

I found a few 1931 shillings and florins sitting around waiting for a photo opp.
could have used this for Tasmania Sandta !
1418131575_sam_7030.jpg

middle
1418131698_sam_7029.jpg

top left corner
1418131769_sam_7033.jpg

Ooooh,...hang on I missed one in the bigger photo
it could be Kangaroo Island
1418131884_sam_7040.jpg

1418131915_sam_7038.jpg

I think this should have 1931 pretty well covered !

No wonder they call you Silver :) I'm no match for you mate as I have only found a few silver coins and I don't think I've got anything till we hit the 1927's

Then we shall have to just wait it out a bit for someone else to chime in Joe,...maybe someone found a 1930 Penny and they are just itching to show it off,..I have been so tempted to buy a remake 1930 penny and leave it lying in a park for old mate to stumble across,...as the look on his face at the criticle moment would be priceless,....won't be a mug and do it to him though(only tempted(ha,...hee hee hee)).
might show off a photo I found surfing the web though if you all don't mind,...only 50 units(of one) of these coins made,..and it just looks so darn nice,..I just have to share.
Sydney coin club 1966
1418133201_sydney-coin-club-1966-changeover-medal-copper.jpg

Imagine having one of these in your kitty.

They made 638000 1930 Australian Halfpennies,......the race is on.
They made no 1930 3d, 6d, shillings or florins.

I've got a 1930,....but I would have to get special(by your leave) permissions in triplicate from the powers that be(or popular consensus from the masses) to let a picky go up,....as it would break all the rules,...because I posted the 1931 photos(so we may just have to wait it out for someone to break)-(could be weeks,...ha).

silver said:
Then we shall have to just wait it out a bit for someone else to chime in Joe,...maybe someone found a 1930 Penny and they are just itching to show it off,..I have been so tempted to buy a remake 1930 penny and leave it lying in a park for old mate to stumble across,...as the look on his face at the criticle moment would be priceless,....won't be a mug and do it to him though(only tempted(ha,...hee hee hee)).
might show off a photo I found surfing the web though if you all don't mind,...only 50 units(of one) of these coins made,..and it just looks so darn nice,..I just have to share.
Sydney coin club 1966
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ey-coin-club-1966-changeover-medal-copper.jpg
You're a bad influence. I love the look of these and now I know they exist. I already have my Christmas present to myself sorted. Good share.

Hope you find one GT, post a picky of it at Christmas if you end up getting yourself one,....PM me if you happen to find two though,..hey !
Goldtarget said:
silver said:
Sydney coin club 1966
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ey-coin-club-1966-changeover-medal-copper.jpg
You're a bad influence. I love the look of these and now I know they exist. I already have my Christmas present to myself sorted. Good share.

I've never seen the 1930 kangaroo penny before wally, be nice to see them all cleaned up,...that's for sure(ha).

Living the dream....living the dream....or dreaming the living......

Don't wake me up just yet Silver.......ahhhhh........oooops.....darn it !!!

I'll have to go back out for a night detect now :p

sorry Wally,...sniff, sniff,...feeling the pain with you bro.

No joy last night and raining today, so get out there lads and get a '30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts