That's not a Knife

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7.62marksman said:
madtuna said:
7.62marksman said:

That's an Aussie version of a Gerber mk1 which is a brilliant bit of gear
thanks mate as you can see the blade has been butchered before i got it
its going to take a lot of work
I've still got an original Gerber mk1 with the black blade that was given to me about 25 years ago when over in the states

1490355536_image.jpg
one of my works in progress . Almost done.

Unfortunately the flowing form of the blade has been compromised a little by my reckless behavior of trying to see how strong it is. Needs a bit more re shaping .

To tell the truth I haven't touched it for a month or so. The little drop point and the flat bellys not supposed to be there.actually spent more time and I think I enjoyed it more making the handle. Blackwood with polished aluminum nut cracker.

This is my main kitchen knife, it's made from an antique chainsaw bar.
It leaves stainless for dead as far as sharpening goes. Put it to the stone every couple of months and steel it once a week.
The handle scales are black wattle that I cut from the back yard.
1490404553_img_4517-optimized-1.jpg

Heres The ones that I use regularly
1490412774_p1040142.jpg

From the top is my most used knife when prospecting, Australian army Issue Machete,, for peeling fruit :lol: Next one down is my hunting Knife for peeling large animals, A good mate made and gave me this for my fortyth. It takes & holds an edge real well. The Lock blade folder is a Buck. I dont use this one much anymore as I find that its very hard to put a shave sharp edge on and its a bit small in the hand. The little twin blade folder is a cheapy that I wouldn't be too upset if I lost but its just handy. And the last one is my filleting knife made by Mora of sweden from High carbon non stain 9180, Best filleting knife Ive ever owned. :Y:

This started as someone taking interest in a machete that I made out of an old Stihl bar, to me being commissioned to make two of these (one large and one small).
They were made for the importer of tsumura chain bars, this is the smaller one.
1490417669_knife1-optimized.jpg
1490417688_knife2-optimized.jpg

GypsyGoldAu said:
Thanks guys...guess i'll just bite the bullet and sort it out so i can start using it again.Cheers

Did some research and found a guy to do it for $7....pfhht..for that i will get him to edge up my multi while he's at it... :Y:

Then when i get it back, hit the polisher on it to bring the brass back to life... :D

Gypsy

Latest posts