That's not a Knife

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1513460001_img_20171217_083031_156.jpg

:D Got this Off a Mate age's ago was going to give it a clean but now think I like it the way it looks now with the patina on it .
I do like shinny blades as well.
But sometimes things just look good the way they are
:Y:

A plus also is it kills better ...................... if the wound doesn't do the job tetanus will :Y: :D

Here's one from my collection. Its a 1875, 1st pattern short blade sawback sword/bayonet. Made in weyersberg factory solingen germany for british forces and used on the martini henry rifles during the maori wars and also the zulu wars.Apparently in the first year they got the blade length wrong at 18" instead of 20 and 1/4" and so only 634 were made at this length so pretty rare although it is pretty beat up
1513488897_optimized-20171217_151538-1.jpg

Thanks 7.62. I have a couple rifle/bayonet combos 303 jungle carbine with bayonet and 6.5x55 m96 swedish mauser with bayonet. Still got to find a nice rifle to go with the 1875 sawback. Always keen on the old military weapons :p
Cant help you there mackka. High carbon ss would be my guess mate

silver said:
No.1 Son made me a knife for Christmas. :p
White cedar handle with a brass blade. :Y:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1514165822_screenshot_2017-12-25-11-34-49.jpg
my best knife E V E R !
:Y: 8) :Y:
:eek: :D :party:

Good on him

Looks a bit Kukri inspired ?

I have some 4 mm thick high carbon alloy steel from a guillotine blank , and some Birdseye hardwood for scales which I have only had on my to - do list for 4 years .

Leaning towards a long blade kukri style bush knife with wood saw serrations on the back.

Wun day . :party:

Thanks fellas ! :Y:
Young fella gets it in his mind and gets right onto it ,.... wish I still had that youthful gusto myself. I'd get a lot more done. :D

Simmo said:

HRC 61 means 61 Rockwell hardness . Why dont we have a drool button here ?

I dont know if I could use it to actually cut something but if you did use it on those Christmas roasts I dont think you would need to resharpen it for a while .

Awesome quality Damascus , heat treated and also a work of art .

Even the best quality steels I work with cant get over 55 Rockwell hardness :p

Very Lucky guy !

Latest posts